If you’re planning on moving to another city or state, you’ll likely have two options for the task: enlisting the services of a company that specializes in relocations or taking on the moving job yourself using only an independent relocation as your guide. This may appear to be a simple choice, but there are various elements to take into account, and the option you end up picking will depend on your available resources and your priorities. Let’s find out why!
Things to Consider When Relocating Independently
When considering whether to hire local movers with truck or do the move yourself, it’s important to think about the following:
● Distance for Relocation
The distance you have to travel to reach your new location is an element to consider when deciding which solution is ideal. Relocating with a few friends could be the easiest option if you only have a little distance to move your belongings, like if you’re just moving down the block or within the same building. With the help of Safebound Moving & Storage, you can send your things across the country at your pace and take care of any other problems that may come up during a long-distance move.
Moving is an emotionally challenging process, and it can help to have someone else take care of the more strenuous but still basic activities, like packing and transferring, so that you can focus on what matters most. That way, you can devote your time and effort to anything else or just take a break and relax.
● Moving Costs
Moving on your could appear to be the most cost-effective alternative if you are financially self-sufficient, have the physical ability to do so, and can count on the aid of friends and family members. But in the end, there is more to consider than just the dollar amount associated with relocating. Finding and gathering supplies and equipment, sorting and donating unwanted items, packing, cleaning, loading and unloading the truck, and transporting your belongings can make it worthwhile to pay professionals to handle the job.
Pros and Cons of Independent Relocation
Independent Relocation — Pros
- You won’t have to schedule your move around a company’s expected availability. You won’t have to worry about cancellation fees if something comes up at the last minute.
- Since you’re the one packing up your things, you’ll know exactly where everything is. This will make it much easier and faster to unpack.
- If you decide to move, you have the freedom to choose when to start and when to finish.
- If you don’t have much money, you might want to make your own move. Even if you’re only moving across the street, the costs of hiring a moving company can quickly add up and be more than you expected.
Independent Relocation — Cons
- The fact about a DIY move is that you have to do everything by yourself. If you don’t hire professional movers, you’ll be the only one bearing the responsibility of lifting and moving heavy boxes, furniture, equipment, and everything from start to finish, which can be tiring.
- If you choose to move on your own, you will have to spend a lot of time and effort planning and carrying out the move. This could interfere with your work, your social life, or your family time.
- If you don’t have the help of local movers and the right moving tools, you could spend hours trying to fix any unexpected problems instead of relaxing on your new couch or getting other important things done.
Why Hiring Local Movers is better than DIY Move
Having the proper equipment and supplies is crucial to ensuring that a move goes as smoothly as possible. Professionals are equipped with blankets and shrink wrap to preserve furniture during transport, as well as trolleys and a whole staff to guarantee that every piece is carried appropriately.
Safe Transit for Furniture
Many people have had their furniture damaged or destroyed during transport. If you do not know how to pack and prepare furniture for moving, you could potentially damage expensive items during the move. Movers understand how to properly pack a truck and protect your belongings while driving through congested cities, potholes, and other road obstacles. In addition to safe transportation, local movers also help to effectively disassemble your furniture so it can be easily relocated to your new place without a scratch!
Leave the Work to the Professionals!
During relocation, there are too many things to do, tasks to complete, and preparations to make, and each requires an excessive amount of time. Hiring professional movers will alleviate this issue, allowing you to focus on other matters while they handle your relocation. Safebound Moving & Storage takes away all the stress related to relocation by effortlessly handling every aspect of the move, from packing to transportation and everything in between.