Over time you might have noticed your skin loosening up. A phenomenon common to people all across the globe, the loosening of skin is a result of aging, pregnancies, or weight loss. However, loose skin has the adverse effect of damaging your self-confidence and body image. So how do you get that perfect look once again?
Here’s how you can do it:
One of the most well-used products to combat loose skin is the firming cream.
When buying a firming cream ensure that it contains retinoids. These chemicals also used in anti-wrinkle creams are some of the most effective ways to reduce the effects of aging. The three types of retinoids you can look for in your cream are tretinoin, retinoic acid, and adapalene.
Dr. Allyson Wells also recommends using creams that hold onto water molecules. Chemicals such as Hyaluronic Acid will help you achieve this goal. Hyaluronic Acid helps to reduce the depth of wrinkles, increase skin firmness and reduce roughness.
Not taking creams with lanolin is also recommended due to the probability of occurrence of skin allergies.
Building muscle mass through weight training can make loose skin a lot less prominent. Increasing your muscle mass helps fill the space lost otherwise.
However, if you were recently pregnant, you should consult your obstetrician to ensure that you will not hurt yourself.
It is a well-known fact that the accumulation of fat over a long time can lead to stretched-out skin. Once this fat disappears, you will be left with stretched-out skin, now a lot more visible.
Over time, loose skin will tighten if you are still young.
There are several types of cosmetic procedures to help you lose loose skin. These include:
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels consist of removing the outer layer of skin to decrease the appearance of loose, sagging, and wrinkled skin. Chemicals are applied to the skin to help the top layer of skin peel off. This leaves the lower layers of skin exposed which reduces the loose look.
- Laser peeling: Formally known as Ablative Laser Resurfacing, this procedure works similar to chemical peeling, however, it also heats up the lower layers which increases the rate of Collagen production. This, therefore, gives a much better cover.
- Ultrasound skin tightening: In this procedure, ultrasound is used to heat the skin to induce collagen production. Focussed ultrasound may be passed through the skin to heat specific lower layers and increase the rate of collagen production.
- Intense Pulsed Light/Radiofrequency treatment: A combination of intense pulsed light and radiofrequency, this procedure heats outer and deeper layers of skin to increase collagen production.
- Botox: Also called Neuro Modulation, the toxin Botulinum is released into the skin, although not the safest or most approved, its low recovery time and quick effect make it the go-to method for most people.
Other kinds of well-known surgeries include body contouring also known as tuck-in or lift surgeries, these involve the creation of an incision and the subsequent removal of excess fat and skin.
If you are in need of any surgery procedure, always make sure you contact a reputed brand to perform your surgery. Medical Aesthetic Surgery Clinic is one such Clinic well known for its quick and effective surgical procedures.
Massage your skin:
The effects of anti-aging creams and other implements are definitely incredible, however, the effects are only amplified by massages.
Whether it be hand massages or machine massages, they help increase blood flow and therefore the effects of the skin creams. Alongside massages, using a salt or sugar scrub helps boost blood flow.
Habits that work against you:
Loose skin can be very unattractive to you and you definitely don’t want it on you if you can choose to.
The most important point to keep in mind is that increased collagen production helps keep loose skin at bay just as a good physique.
Some habits that work against you are:
- Smoking: An activity that works like an aging agent, just as said, smoking kills, and the same applies when you look to tighten your skin.
- Tanning: Tanning might seem to heat up the skin, however, it also damages skin to an extent that it seems to age you.
- Using harsh skin products: Harsh chemicals in skin products can damage your skin more than help it. This will leave you with painful skin damage as well as end up hurting you in the long run.