We’ve already come through the half of the first year of the new decade, and the conclusion that can be made so far is the following: creativity and flexibility are two strong skills that are extremely needed in the modern world. We can implement new technologies, make plans and predictions, but when the rules of the game change, it’s essential to keep up with these rapid transformations.
The recent events of 2020 made us change our priorities and promptly adopt a new lifestyle. Even though the world is getting more open again and we are free to live in our houses, the new way of living is inevitable. Here we are going to talk about the most popular learning trends, where there are plenty of ways to cope with academic assignments. For example, https://studyfy.com/literature-study-guides will always show you how to edit your essay correctly! This resource is geared at building top useful skills for modern-day life. Let’s start!
Distance Learning Enhancement
Remote learning is not a new thing at all. It dates back in 1892 when the University of Chicago founded the very first distance-learning program. Though distance learning has been around for 120 years, it doesn’t mean that it cannot turn into a new trend. There are two main formats of distance learning that education institutions have developed:
- real-time education (gives you the feeling of presence and support from your classmates and teachers, the classes are being delivered in a real-time manner);
- recorded classes (this format is convenient due to the flexibility of building schedule, students listen to recorded lectures, and complete related assignments).
Main benefits of distance education:
- Non-location dependent way to access education. Undergrads get access to the programs developed by top universities with no need to relocate and pay good money for living.
- More flexibility. Student loans often make young folks to start part-time & full-time jobs or search for any other way to earn. Distance learning lets you adjust your schedule and study at your own pace whenever you have time with no risk of losing a job or being expelled. In addition, if you have no time or resources to perform a task on time, look for essay writing help at https://paperwriter.com/blog, and do not let your aspirations collapse into failure.
- Saving energy and other useful resources. The fact that you don’t change your location automatically adds you more time and energy to your daily routine.
- It’s more affordable. Apart from the above mentioned benefits, there is one more perk of learning online – it costs less than on-campus courses. That’s an excellent option for financially challenged students who want to get a high-quality education.
The Rise of MOOCs
Education is not only about learning career-related subjects and focusing exclusively on what is taught in college. Social distancing indeed tempted us to immerse in the world of Netflix or update Instagram story feed now and then to stay aware of what our friends are doing. Though turning our downtime into time appeared to be more attractive.
Being trapped in their houses, people started listening to their guts more and discovering new sides of their personalities. These very sides craved to learn something new and unexpected: from programming in Python to cooking Asian noodles like a pro. This is where remote learning platforms come in handy. Here are some of the best resources to pump up your skills:
- Udemy – an easy-to-use learning platform with tons of free and affordable courses and an opportunity to get a certificate of completion. For most of the courses, no special training is required, just the desire to awaken your creative potential.
- EdX – the platform with courses, programs, and degrees from top world universities. If you want your CV to lace with certificates and skills, showcasing you as a well-rounded person, don’t hold back and check out the courses.
- Codecademy – an excellent resource to master coding and apply newfound skills in your career.
In other words, this is content created for learners by learners. Sounds unclear? Think about how Netflix makes suggestions of the content, which users probably would like to watch. The more hints you give to the platform, and the more it learns about your preferences, the better watching content will be personalized.
This strategy can also be implemented in terms of learning through customization when the student gets the most relevant learning content. The one-size-fits-all educational system cannot ensure the same learning level as personalized training. It doesn’t mean that according to this system, one student learns math, and another student explores german grammar just based on their preferences.
AI-powered apps will estimate the strong and weak points of every learner to provide relevant content with the things each one needs to sharpen up. Teachers don’t need to split and stress out because it’s not possible to give enough attention to every learner personally to work out things they are bad at. The good thing is that students will generate the content themselves by accomplishing tasks from the app and giving it a clearer image of their knowledge.
It relates to the previous trend as it also deals with the personalization of learning content. Apart from being a powerful tool in content marketing, content curation allows us to aggregate, filter, and customize learning content. Everyone acquires information through particular types of perception, meaning learning from the video will work for one student, but another student memorizes better from the written content.
Instead of wallowing in the constant flows of information, learners will filter the best-working resources and choose the most smooth and relevant way for their learning journey.
In the fast-developing world, people realize the value of time and try to improve the use of it to reach the best productivity and efficiency. The concept of adaptive learning is choosing a unique and best-suitable learning path. The learners select their study pace and algorithms to track their performance, guiding them throughout the process of learning.
The concept of all the 2020 trends is based on choosing the best solutions and building new skills following the rhythm of the world. A personal touch in learning enhances effectiveness and helps to embrace new things faster.