Stainless steel is an undeniably ideal material for any commercial space. It delivers an array of advantages compared to other work surfaces (e.g. wooden countertops), especially if the worktop like stainless steel table is in constant contact with food or liquids and must be sterile clean. Equipment made from this material has lots of benefits:
- strong and durable;
- easily cleaned from any contamination;
- exclude the possibility of bacteria growth due to surface smoothness and the absence of pores and cracks;
- stainless steel restaurant equipment resists corrosion and staining;
- do not interact with food elements, which eliminates the risks of changes in the taste, color, and quality of served cuisine.
When purchasing stainless steel restaurant equipment, you need to find out how to properly maintain it to prolong lifespan and attain all advantages through the entire period of its active and intensive use.
Stainless steel restaurant equipment care advice
- Before using, metalwork surfaces should be washed with a warm soapy solution, then rinsed with clean water, and wiped dry. It is recommended to free a stainless steel table from dirt, marks, or stains immediately, avoiding the accumulation of dust and food debris.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or metal sponges for cleaning to not ruin the integrity of the equipment. Cleaning agents, containing acids and chlorides, will also damage stainless steel.
- A soft cloth and soapy water will clean stainless steel perfectly. Stubborn and old hardened dirt or fatty stains can be washed off with warm water and dish detergent.
- Failure to comply with the above rules will inevitably lead to the formation of scratches and traces of oxidation. And to work in cleanliness and comfort is the key to good performance, excellent results, and your business growth!
Few more tips for keeping a clean and secure environment in your restaurant
Kitchen staff training. Negligence when taking proper care is among the main causes of restaurant equipment damages. Be sure your employees are well-informed and ready to competently and honestly perform their duties. Such a responsible approach will save your budget. Moreover, food establishment workers who know how to disinfect and wash kitchen countertops correctly and quickly, significantly speed up the food prep processes and serve your restaurant guests, ensuring food safety.
Scheduling. Cleaning schedules require appropriate management and control. You must be sure that the set of activities is carried out every day, and some disregardful employees won’t miss cleaning procedures and will avoid the spreading of germs that cause illness. For example, wiping stainless steel restaurant equipment with a disinfectant should never be ignored, as it will kill harmful microorganisms. By the way, do not wipe all kitchen surfaces with one cloth or sponge. This way, you will only promote germs growth around the kitchen.
Adhere to standards. In addition, there are standards adopted for establishments. Unsanitary conditions are not permissible since the dirt becomes a source of insects and bacteria. Compliance with hygiene standards is really crucial when it comes to meeting all requirements.