Placing a mirror in the bathroom is necessary for some people to put on makeup, brush their teeth, wash their face, or shave their beards and mustache. However, putting mirrors in the bathroom usually causes stains to stick easily due to splashes of water, soap, shampoo, wet handprints and other dirt. Over time, the mirror becomes so dirty that it becomes crusty due to the accumulation of various kinds of stains. Bathroom humidity also influences mold to appear on the mirror.
As a result, the mirror used to see yourself to apply make-up or, if you want, led bathroom mirrors for sale are no longer shiny. Instead, it is blurry and dull, so your mirror reflection does not look perfect. To deal with limescale and mold stains on bathroom mirrors, you can take several cleaning steps. Here are several ways to clean bathroom mirrors from limescale and mold stains.
- Clean with toothpaste. To clean mirrors with stains and mold, you can use ingredients that are also found in the bathroom, namely toothpaste.
Toothpaste is well known as a cleaning agent for several items, including mirrors. The cleaning agents in toothpaste react to mold and stains on bathroom mirrors. To clean stains and mold on the mirror, spread toothpaste evenly on the mirror surface using an old toothbrush and wait until it dries. After the toothpaste dries, rinse the mirror using a damp cloth or newspaper. Once finished, your bathroom mirror will be clear again.
- Use detergent. Apart from toothpaste, you can also use detergent to clean bathroom mirrors with stains and mold. Mix detergent with a little water for the cleaning process, then apply and rub evenly on the mirror surface. When finished, rinse the mirror using clean water, then wipe using a clean, dry cloth or towel.
- Clean with alcohol. If the limescale and mold stains on the mirror are stubborn and still not ready to be removed, clean them with a stronger substance, alcohol. Dampen a cotton swab with alcohol, and clean the problem area on the mirror. The spots of crust and mold on the bathroom mirror will disappear and only leave a shiny mirror surface.
- Try vinegar. Vinegar is a cleaning solution that can treat limescale and mold stains on bathroom mirrors. To avoid cloudy mirror surfaces, mix 1 cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water in a spray bottle, shake well, and have the perfect concoction to solve the problem of stains and mold on mirrors. Spray the cleaning mixture onto a microfiber cloth, not directly onto the mirror surface, to prevent the liquid from building up in the corners, getting under the mirror, and causing more damage. Wipe or clean the mirror with a microfiber cloth sprayed with vinegar. Wipe again until dry, and see how satisfying your efforts will be.
- Use chlorine powder. Chlorine powder can also be an alternative ingredient for cleaning mirrors on solid wood bathroom vanities with sinks with limescale and mold stains because it has cleaning properties. For cleaning, dissolve the chlorine powder in a container filled with water until it is even and thick. After that, spread the water mixed with chlorine powder evenly on the mirror and wait until it dries. Once dry, rinse using a damp cloth while you rub occasionally on stubborn stains. Now, see the results that may amaze you.
- Try ammonia. Ammonia is also a multi-purpose cleaning agent that can help eliminate limescale and mold stains on bathroom mirrors.
Mix a small amount of clear ammonia into 2 liters of warm water. Apply with a sponge or pour the solution into a spray container and spray directly onto the mirror. Rub with a microfiber cloth and see the changes.
- Choose clothes bleach. The chlorine compound in clothes bleach can remove stubborn stains on surfaces, so it can also be used to clean crusty stains and mold on bathroom mirrors. Mix bleach with a little water, dip a microfiber cloth in the bleach and water solution, then rub it gently on the bathroom mirror. Rinse with water until the crust and mold disappear.
Reasons Not to Use Newspaper to Clean Mirror
It’s no longer a secret that newspaper is used to clean mirrors. Using newspaper, any dirt on the mirror, will be easily lifted so it will be cleaned more quickly. Besides that, newspapers are also easy to obtain and cheaper than the cleaning products.
But now it’s time for everyone to abandon this old technique. Today’s newspapers can quickly deteriorate when wet, leaving stains on mirror frames. Not only that, using newspaper is inappropriate for cleaning mirror because it will also make your hands dirty due to the ink in it. Besides that, newspaper and ink remnants can also contaminate the mirror frame. This will make you do double work, namely cleaning the mirror and frame, making it even dirtier.
Those are some tips for cleaning moldy mirror in the bathroom. The mirror in the bathroom is susceptible to mold because it is often exposed to water or toothpaste stains. If you want to look for mirror models and designs that suit your interests, you can visit our WELLFOR website to see some of our collections. Don’t forget to stop by!