One of the most attractive features of this type of glazing is the division of the binding into relatively small rectangular sections. So what is a double hung window? The design of a classic double-hung window includes an external frame and two internal sashes.
You’ve probably heard of sliding windows, the sash of which moves along special bridges. Lifting-vertical windows are a variety of them, only the sash moves up and down. The lower part of the window is made movable, but the upper part does not open. To facilitate opening double-hung windows, the blocks are equipped with special counterweights that compensate for part of the load when the sash is lifted.
Advantages of windows double hung?
First of all, let us note that sliding windows have a special charm and even a mysterious charm, as they evoke associations with legendary British castles and country houses full of secrets. These types of windows look amazing and aesthetically pleasing, bringing the inevitable pretty atmosphere in the interior design of a house or apartment. house.
The difference between double hung vs single hung windows is the way of opening: a single vinyl window opens only in one place, and a double, in turn, opens both at the bottom and at the top. Double windows are more flexible than single windows. They have two movable flaps, not just the lower one. It would seem that everything is perfect, but there are also disadvantages, such as dangerous for children and difficulty in opening with severe wear after many years.
Double-hung windows vs single hung is a difficult question. For both of them the advantages are as follows:
- Classic, attractive, stylish appearance.
- The vertically ascending sash will never flap in strong winds.
- Any profile material can be used in such a window structure. Its technical and physical characteristics are not limited in any way. You can safely use a multi-chamber plastic or thickened wooden profile.
- Lift-up sliding windows have a high level of burglary protection. The fittings tightly close the window from the inside and it is impossible to open them from the street side. In addition, such windows can be equipped with special anti-burglar fittings, which are characterized by a strong metal frame and can be equipped with alarm sensors.
- The fold of the vertical lifting window is not afraid of the wind. When open, it will not pop, open or close. This makes it easier to ventilate in rainy weather.
- Like any other type of sliding window, vertical lifting windows noticeably save space around them.
- It is possible to use additional measures to facilitate ventilation, for example, a ventilation inlet valve.
It is always up to you to choose, but we must notice that English windows, which have served people for more than 400 years, deserve attention, because they have a lot of advantages, and for the most part, the shortcomings are quite correctable. They combine lightness and strength, simple operation, and excellent technical characteristics.