Spray foam on insulation is a mixture of chemical ingredients that, when mixed, produce a foam that is used in insulation. Due to the chemicals’ compounds, the foam expands when applied, covering even the tiniest gaps.
There are several spray insulations available in the market. These are:
- Dow FROTH-PAK 620
- Foam It Green 602
- Foam It Green 202
- Touch N Seal 1000
These are the highly-rated spray foam insulations from numerous customer reviews, respectively. Spray foam insulation is a fairly new concept of insulation. It’s applied by spraying the chemical polyurethane foam on the walls and ceilings of buildings.
11 Advantages of Spray Foam Insulation
- It Expands- Spray foam rapidly expands when applied, forming an airtight seal. The seal guards the building against various corrosive aspects such as pests, rodents, mold, and moisture. Other insulations cannot achieve the same level of sealing that the spray can. Its ability to close even the tiniest of cracks gives it the upper hand while making it the best option matters sealing.
- Compared To Fiberglass Insulation, Spray Foam Is Significantly Robust and Lasts Longer. Since the insulation process is not an easy one and usually done before occupants move into the building, using the longer-lasting insulation makes perfect sense.
- Saves Building and Homeowners High Cost When It Comes To Energy. Effective sealing of airlocks will ensure an overall long term saving on energy costs.
- Quieter Building Environment- The spray insulation ensures outside noise is significantly curbed, as well as noise from other rooms. This allows a peaceful environment inside the building, allowing people to conduct regular tone conversations or sleep without disturbance.
- Healthier Lifestyle- A spray sealed building prevents airborne pollutants such as dust, exhaust smoke, and pollen from breaching the building’s confines.
- It Has a Lifespan of Around 80 Years. With 80 years of insulation, you can imagine the costs you will save on energy or re-insulating other insulators that do not last as long.
- Prevents Entry of Rodents, Insects, Snakes, or Bats – All the annoying animals seeking refuge and food in buildings will not have a chance of access since they rely on cracks or open spaces the spray foam blocks once deployed.
- Warmer Building Environment. Due to the sprays, high effectiveness in blocking even the tiniest of gaps on your ceilings and walls, the buildings’ internal temperature becomes more amicable for the occupants.
- Prevents Growth of Molds – The spray foam blocks all tiny entries that water can seep through, leading to the formation of molds, which poses significant health repercussions over time.
- Enhances the Strength of Your Walls and Ceilings – The spray foam is very dense and hard when deployed; therefore, it reinforces your walls, ceilings, and the general structure of your building. This significantly protects your building against strong winds, earthquakes, storms, and other severe weather conditions.
- Spray Foam Is Eco-Friendly. Spray foam keeps energy consumption at a minimum, lasts longer than its counterparts, and consumes fewer resources when being deployed.
Due to the spray foams numerous benefits, we highly recommend everyone consider it if you’re thinking of insulating your business. We understand the initial capital of deploying the spray foam is on the higher end, but in the long run, you will end up saving huge costs since it efficiently serves you for about 80 years. That said, the only drawback worth mentioning about the spray foam is its cost.
Spray Foam Application
You can follow a procedure to deploy the spray foam yourself while wearing protective gear. However, we discourage this since the spray foam is made from chemicals, which can have adverse effects on your health and your building’s occupants if not well done. It is highly flammable and can have catastrophic damage if not carefully handled.
The spray foam is also quite expensive; that is why we highly recommend you let professionals who have years of experience with the application do the job on your behalf. There is also an equilibrium that needs to be achieved in the application process. If you apply too little, the insulation might not be effective and durable. It can be dangerous if you use too much, leaving an odor that does not go away. Therefore, the recommended spray foam thickness is two inches.
Prioritize quality and safety when performing insulation on your building. When you involve us in the process, we ensure you are well-advised and looped into the entire process and guarantee an excellent job with applying the spray foam insulation.