Even though social networks and other social services are firmly embedded in our lives, not everyone can use them for good and not harm. Starting from silly photos on social networks, available for everyone to view, ending with the slightest details of your personal life on Twitter, your account can contain a lot of awkward content. If you decided to buy Twitter followers (you can check out HowSociable), your tweets should be creative in order to keep your audience on your page.
A few tips on how to properly use Twitter for your personal goals and work (business development, marketing, and SEO) will not be superfluous at all.
Following the tips below will not necessarily lead you to success right now. But they carry the basic rules of behavior on the network, ways to write a nice tweet, and how to communicate with your audience.
How your perfect Twitter page should look like:
1/3 of replies to the other users.
1/3 of retweets and links.
1/3 of tweets about “what I am doing.”
- Use an avatar.
- Customize your Twitter page.
- In your bio, briefly describe who you are, what you do, and your interests.
- Be brief.
- Shorten links.
- Tweet every day, but not every hour.
- Answer, retweet.
- Share not only what you eat.
- Add a link to your social networks or LinkedIn profile.
- Don’t follow more than a thousand people if only five people follow you.
- Tweet as an individual, not just on behalf of the company.
- Offer discounts to your followers.
- Be the first to announce a special offer or promotion on Twitter.
- Make gifts.
- Respond to unhappy customers.
- Establish a social media policy for your company.
- Watch for mentions of your brand.
- Build your Twitter team.
- Monitor and report @usernames that use nicknames associated with your business name or brand.
Marketing and SEO
- Tweet links with interesting content related to your industry.
- Add your account to Twitter directories (Twellow).
- Add your Twitter (@username) to your website.
- Add your Twitter to your business cards.
- Use a Twitter analyst (Tweetreach).
- Create Google Analytics campaigns for your Twitter.
- Use a lot of hashtags (#).
- Use keywords in your Twitter names (@username).
- Upgrade to a cloud hosting service or dedicated server to track Twitter peaks.
- Use numbers in your headlines.
- Use breaking news.
- Reach out to established and experienced Twitter users.
- Ask people to follow you and explain why it will be attractive to them.
How to write engaging tweets on Twitter
- Be creative and original.
Twitter fans are incredibly negative about any duplicate thoughts or unnecessary posts.
To become more creative, pay attention to things that are simple for you. After all, the obvious is not always so clear. Tell your followers about interesting things, let them look at the items from your point of view.
- Write briefly.
One of the most common mistakes users make when using Twitter is trying to fill their 140 characters as much as possible. And if their thoughts do not fit, abbreviations and abbreviations are used. Try to avoid them. Abbreviations look messy and very difficult to read. Instead, try to keep your thoughts short.
By using short tweets, you can:
- Stand out in long and monotonous messages;
- Arouse more curiosity;
- Get more retweets because users can add their comments.
Try to make those posts or share the information that is likely to be relevant to your followers. In some cases, it will be relevant to make a tweet in which the reader would feel in your place.
Of course, you can write lyrics that relate to anything – from family to complex mathematical calculations. However, it will not attract the audience that much.
- Create posts daily.
Anyone will say that they don’t like to watch a person’s twitter if they manage their account once a month. Blog regularly.
This is the main rule to remember. Regularity is the path to success.
- Consider several points of view at once.
Engage in conversations about controversial issues. Create posts about topics that people need to think about after reading. A great addition is making more threads, which is a powerful way of connecting with your followers. They allow you to express a lot more than you could in 280 characters. Unlike with the Twitter web app or the native apps, a tool like Hypefury will let you schedule your threads so they are posted when they can have the best impact.
- Reach out to your target audience.
You can use this technique not only when composing tweets, but also headings. Its essence lies in the fact that you start your message with an appeal to the target audience. For example, if you are selling a travel book, you might start your tweet like this: “Attention, travelers!” This simple tactic brings great results.
- Write in the first person.
If your persona is of interest to users, feel free to write in the first person. Express your personal opinion, share life details. These tweets will dilute your monotonous feed and add humanity to your brand.
Working with your audience
The goal of any network is the interaction between its members, establishing connections, and relationships. It fully applies to Twitter.
Try to involve your readers in the discussion, ask them an ambiguous or intriguing question, to which they should not just answer yes or no, but leave a detailed message. To stir up the audience, you can even make it provocative.
During discussions, you should remain polite and benevolent, respectfully treat another answer and opinion, without putting yourself above the interlocutor. Jokes are highly appreciated, but try not to offend the others. Participate in readers’ discussions after you asked a question, especially if you have been tagged in someone else’s tweet. This will demonstrate your interest and concern.
It is also proven that if you shoot short videos with comments instead of written responses, it attracts readers’ attention well and encourages them to retweet posts.
Do not forget to thank people for their help; you need to do this with a link to your account.