Over the last few years, trenchless technology has been developed which allows engineers to repair sewer pipes without devastating the surrounding environment by digging and removing large areas of flooring, gardens, and the street outside. Historically this was the procedure needed in order to get to the pipes in need of repair. As you can imagine before the development and utilization of trenchless technology, pipe repair was a destructive, time-consuming, and expensive process.
Although widely used, conventional pipe repair involving trench digging could impact your property’s foundation and damage the very structural integrity of your home. This conventional practice created the need for extensive repairs to the surroundings, which would need to be completed once the plumbing work was completed.
Trenchless pipe repair allows engineers to repair or replace existing pipes internally without having to dig destructive trenches, before being able to repair or replace the damaged pipe in question. Following the repair, in the past, the engineers would then have to restore all of the impacted surfaces and repair other damage caused during the trench digging. Which would be a long, arduous, and expensive process.
With trenchless technology, the damaged pipe is used as a host and the new pipe is formed inside the existing pipe by various methods. The term “trenchless” is used to imply that trenches are not used in these techniques.
How Does Trenchless Pipe Repair Work?
- Initially, CCTV Drain Cameras are used to inspect the pipes that have become damaged or are experiencing problems. These cameras are placed within the sewer system and directed to the site where the damage is expected to be.
- When the area of the pipe that needs to be repaired has been identified, the pipes are cleaned and prepared. A flexible, high-tech epoxy-saturated liner is installed directly into drainage pipes.
- The epoxy hardens to form a new pipe, within the old one, a seamless, new pipe is created that has none of the problems previously experienced by the original damaged line.
- The condition of the original pipe is not important, it can be cracked, contain holes, be old and deteriorated even pierced by tree roots. As long as a substantial part of the pipe is intact, trenchless repair is an effective technique.
- Following the formation of the new pipe, specialized robotic equipment is used to see inside the sewer lines. It is controlled remotely by a robotics technician and used to check that the drainage system is working as it should and that the repair is successful.
Benefits Of Trenchless Pipe Repair
Trenchless pipe repair Chicago brings with it many benefits.
- Environmentally friendly
The use of trenchless technology has significantly reduced carbon emissions.
- Minimal disturbance
Trenchless technology causes minimal disturbance to the environment and surroundings.
- Save on costs and time
Trenchless technology is a much quicker process compared to traditional methods. Less labor is needed and fewer reparations for damage to the surroundings.
- Improved accuracy
Trenchless technology is extremely precise and accurate. With the right equipment and training engineers can target the problems with the highest accuracy.
Leave a Reply