The poured-in-place rubber surfacing is becoming the number one option solution for communal and private developments. Rubber surfaces have come a long way since the playgrounds. In recent years, they have emerged as a versatile and resilient solution for outdoor and indoor flooring. Rubber surfaces have proven their worth in various domains, from sports and recreation facilities to private pools and patio areas.
Let’s dive into the benefits of poured-in-place rubber from SafeStep, where you can use it, and how to take care of such surfacing to ensure it looks brand new for many years to come.
The Rise of Rubber Surfaces: From Playgrounds to Beyond
So how come rubber surfacing replaced natural materials like stone, wood, or powers? The answer is the countless benefits and advantages, including versatility, safety features, durability, and environmental considerations.
Several years ago, people only used rubber in the playgrounds to create a safer environment for the kids and minimize the risk of injuries and accidents. Such an application showcased how comfortable and versatile poured-in-place rubber can be. It’s water-absorbent, slip-resistant, and heat-resistant, making it an excellent flooring choice for outdoor and indoor use all year round.
Rubber surfaces are highly durable and long-lasting, making them a perfect fit for public areas with high foot traffic and heavy usage. Rubber can withstand extreme weather conditions, like UV exposure, heat waves, rain, and snow storms. Therefore, we see more poured-in-place rubber pavements and sidewalks.
Rubber surfaces promote inclusivity for individuals with disabilities or mobility impairments. The material’s cushioned nature offers a smoother surface for wheelchairs, walkers, strollers, and bikes to navigate. Unlike other surfaces, rubber won’t wear off for several seasons. These factors contributed to the rise of rubber popularity in parks, public spaces, and facilities developments.
Moreover, rubber is available in various colors, patents, and textures, allowing unique customization to match the style and aesthetic of different places.
A Soft Landing: Rubber Surfaces in Sports and Recreation
Safety and injury prevention are the primary reasons rubber is the number one material for sports and recreation facilities. Traditional surfaces like concrete or asphalt pose risks for falls. However, rubber surfaces offer excellent shock absorption and impact resistance, reducing strain on joints and minimizing the risk of injuries.
Among other advantages, you can find:
- Slip Resistance: Rubber surfaces offer outstanding traction even in slippery conditions. This quality ensures stability in areas with water exposure, like pool decks or water parks. The reliable grip allows athletes to perform their best without worrying about injuries or footing issues.
- Customization: You can tailor and customize rubber surfaces to add branding logos, patterns, traces, ball bounces, etc.
- Durability: Rubber surfaces are functional over an extended period, minimizing the need for regular repairs or resurfacing. This quality, especially, benefits recreational centers and facilities with large traffic.
- Low-maintenance: No need for specific cleaning routines, frequent maintenance services, or coating to keep the surface intact. Rubber is easy to clean, requiring regular sweeping, soapy washing, or occasional pressure washing.
Eco-Friendly Solutions: The Sustainability of Rubber Surfaces
Now, let’s talk about sustainability. Rubber surfaces use recycled rubber, like tires. By repurposing this waste material, poured-in-place rubber manufacturers help reduce volumes of this material going to landfills and minimize the demand for virgin rubber production.
Rubber recycling conserves resources and significantly contributes to waste reduction, promoting a circular economy. This environmentally friendly approach makes rubber the most sustainable choice for various applications among other surfacing materials.
Caring for Rubber Surfaces: Maintenance Tips and Best Practices
Rubber stands out with its longevity and durability. However, there are still some low-effort maintenance tips you should know to ensure the surface serves you for many years.
- Regularly use a leaf blower and sweep the surface to remove dirt and debris.
- If you notice stains or spills, use a mild detergent or specialized rubber cleaner to remove them fast.
- Avoid using heavy chemicals, as they can cause damage.
- Occasionally pressure washes the surface to keep the brand-new look.
- Use plastic shovels and soft-bristled brooms for snow or ice removal if you live in a colder climate.
- Regularly check the surface for damage to repair or replace the rubber as soon as needed.
- Avoid using sharp objects and metal-edge tools or dragging metal furniture on the surface, as it can cause scratches and cracks.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines for installation of specific maintenance.
By following these hacks, you can ensure the durability of your surface, ensuring its status in optimal condition over time.
If you feel poured-in-place rubber is the best-fitted option for your needs, contact the professional team to assist you with the next steps and installation.