Management is one of the most popular and in-demand niches in the corporate sector. A degree in management studies is a good option for your career. However, this career boost can happen only when you are pursuing a management program from a country that supports international students. With advancements in transportation facilities and an abundance of scholarship programs, several students want to take a management degree abroad.
Studying abroad can be rewarding in different aspects of your career. However, at the same time, it can be financially and emotionally taxing for students. Therefore, studying abroad is one such decision you must take after proper thinking and planning your future.
Should I take a Management degree abroad?
On several occasions, people may suggest that taking a management degree from a national college may fulfill all your requirements. However, this is not always true. Studying management from local or national colleges may help you save inter-country travel-related expenses, save you from culture shock; still, one cannot compare it with studying abroad.
Ranging from better education and knowledge to a career perspective, you may get it all by studying abroad. There are several other reasons why you should take a management degree abroad.
- Personality development – Studying abroad provides you with an opportunity to bring yourself out of your comfort zone. When abroad, away from your family and friends, you will face all challenges alone. These practical experiences will help in developing your overall personality.
- Better opportunities – You receive access to better facilities, highly educated faculties, and better research facilities.
- Cultural diversity –Students around the globe go to different countries to pursue higher education. Meeting students with different various cultural backgrounds will help you in developing your perspective. Apart from this, studying abroad will expose you to diverse cultures worldwide, which can be an enlightening experience.
- Scholarship – Most students worry about tuition fees and living expenses while studying abroad. However, once your admission is approved, you will get an education loan, scholarships.
Top 5 Countries for Management degree
If you want to study abroad, here is the list of top 5 countries to consider while planning to take an MBA degree from a foreign country.
Canada is one of the most popular destinations for students who want to study Management. The Canadian government has also created several policies that support international students. Other advantages of studying in Canada are,
- English speaking – Canada has two official languages, i.e., French and English. Usually, people prefer English.
- Safety & Life quality – Referred to as one of the safest nations in the world, Canada is a popular choice for women. Also, Canadians live a high quality of life.
- Cultural diversity – Being a foreign-friendly nation, you may find students from different cultures and nationalities.
- Cost-effective – studying in Canada can put a less financial burden on your shoulders. Education fees, cost of living, etc., is reasonable. Also, students may get better pocket money earning opportunities during their student life.
- Future opportunities – Ranging from internships to job opportunities, you can find it all in this country. Universities focus on the holistic development of students and stress over research-based studies.
- Toronto University: Rotman School
- York University: Schulich Business School
- Saunder Business School
Another popular destination among international students for a management degree is in Germany. Germany provides you with the best scholarships without any unnecessary fees.
- No Tuition Fees – Public universities in Germany do not charge tuition fees if an international student wants to pursue a program taught in English. Especially for the students who pursue a master’s degree.
These students pay only semester fees, which generally costs peanuts.
- Scholarships – Talented students are easily able to get financial support from several scholarship providers in Germany.
- Research and functional education– German universities focus more on research than on academic studies. Internships with regular MBA courses are mandatory. These students get more practical exposure.
- Specialization variety – Students can get a wide range of MBA specializations in German universities. Be it HR, Marketing, Finance, Leadership, or Digital marketing. You may find all options here.
- Manheim Business School
- ESMT Berlin
Australia has an easy visa application process, and its universities provide you with an internationally acknowledged Management degree. This country has about 75 different, globally recognized management programs.
- Acknowledged – Pursuing a management degree from an Australian university can be especially useful for your future. As their courses are internationally recognized, you have higher chances of getting a job in the global market.
- Safety – Australia has strict safety-related policies; thus, safety is not an issue with Australians.
- Culture – You may find people from different nationalities in Australia, allowing you to meet several foreign nationals. Thus, enabling you to study from international perspectives.
- Work opportunities – Students in Australia can quickly get various work-related opportunities both during studying and post studying. Local companies hire students for part-time jobs and internships. It promotes the overall growth of students.
- Promotes independent thinking – Australian universities encourage students to opt for various internships during educational programs. They believe that practical experiences can enhance your overall growth, which in turn provides you with better opportunities.
- Australian National University’s College of Business & Economics
- Melbourne University
- Monash University
- Commonwealth Bank, Australia
4. United States
The United States is known as the leader in providing management education around the globe. Most management graduates have reported that they have experienced a high amount of salary rise post-graduation.
- Better education – Universities in the United States are one of the best educational institutions out there. A management degree from top United States universities provides students with quality education. Students from these institutions are said to have a high satisfaction rate in terms of education and student services.
- Better job opportunities – Several companies prefer students who have pursued a management degree from the United States.
- Higher-income – students who have taken a management degree from top U.S. universities are known to have a better income than students who have not.
- Practical work experience – US colleges focus more and more on practical applications of all theoretical subjects. This makes their students better learners. They are not only able to perform well in their jobs but also manage their finances better.
- Scholarships – Various scholarship providers are known to provide scholarships to international management students easily. Students can either opt for need (based) scholarships or merit scholarships.
- Recognition – US universities and their degrees are recognized worldwide. Professionals from these universities are known to be highly skilled and talented. Recruiters highly prefer students who have taken a degree from U.S. universities.
- Stratford Business School
- Harvard Business School
- Dartmouth College
- Exxon Mobile
5. United Kingdom
- Diverse curriculum – The UK provides a diverse range of curriculum to its students. All modules are unique and, thus, are preferred by students. Universities in the United Kingdom focuses on both the professional and personal growth of their students.
- Faculty – These colleges prefer highly educated and experienced faculties. Apart from lectures from permanent faculties, colleges also invite guest lecturers, professionals, business personnel, world leaders, etc., to encourage and inspire their students.
- Career assistance –UK universities are known to provide career assistance to their students. They prepare them for real-life situations and interviews. Students are also encouraged to increase their network.
- Oxford University
- Cambridge University
- Lancaster University
- London Business school
- Bain & Company
Studying abroad has become simplified for students worldwide due to the availability of loan facilities, low tuition fees, and student concession. Before choosing any college abroad, refer to the college’s culture and program. Also, look if the program supports your ambition and goals in the long term. In this way, you can successfully choose the right college of your choice.
Leave a Reply