Sleeping takes up approximately one third of our days and our lives. An adult is supposed to sleep for around six to eight hours every day,for their body to function in a healthy way. Doctors suggest that the surroundings in which we sleep affect our sleep patterns and the quality of sleep. This means one must be careful about making decisions regarding the kind of bed, mattress or even the bed sheets we sleep in. Bed sizes vary according to the suggested occupancy. We have Twin, Full, Queen and King sized beds available. King size beds can comfortably hold two adults. To decorate your King size beds, you may choose any types of fabrics but make sure to choose the correct size; a King size bed sheet to cover your King size bed.
HOW TO ENSURE GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP
The youth and the adults of the present world are facing many issues regarding their sleep. These may be sleeping for less hours than what is necessary, sleeping and waking at odd times, loss of sleep due to anxiety, etc. A lot of times, the sleep quality and the sleep cycle may be disturbed by genuine mental health concerns but the other times, taking small steps to ensure a healthy sleep cycle improves our sleep quality and also ensures physical and mental well being. Following are some small steps that one can take, to ensure a healthy sleeping pattern:
- Keep in sync: Staying in tune with the body’s natural sleep and wake cycle reminds the brain to be sleepy at the right time. Try to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
- Napping smartly: If one is in need to get some lost sleep back, napping in the afternoon is probably a good idea. But, if one has trouble sleeping during the night, it is best to limit the duration of afternoon naps to fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Exposing to bright sunlight: It has been proven that exposing oneself to bright sunlight in the morning improves the quality of night’s sleep.
- Less exposure to blue light: It is also suggested that blue light exposure must be kept to a minimum in the evening specially one to two hours before sleeping. This means minimizing the usage of mobiles, televisions, tablets, computers etc. before sleeping.
- Exercise: Physical activities are supposed to make our body tire and want to rest. Exercising regularly during the day or evening ensures a better sleep.
- Caffeine intake: To ensure a good night’s sleep, one must avoid the intake of caffeine especially before sleeping.
- Big meals: Eating a heavy dinner may seem to be fulfilling but to ensure a good quality sleep, one must cut back on heavy meals during the night.
- Breathing exercises: Basic breathing exercises or meditation right before sleep can help to calm the mind down and lower the anxiety.
- Supplements: Consuming small quantities of supplements like magnesium, valerian root, L- theanine, glycine etc., right before sleeping may help improve the sleep quality over time.
- Essential oils/ Candles: Many people tend to use aromatherapy to induce a good sleep. Using aromatic candles in the bed room or using blends of essential oils like lavender, jasmine etc. can calm the senses and promote sleep.
- Snacking at night: Consuming certain foods like banana, milk or yoghurt can actually improve the quality of sleep.
- Room ambience: Making sure that there is not much light also helps to improve the quality of sleep. Covering the windows with heavy curtains and switching off all the light sources can ensure complete darkness.
- Temperature: The temperature of our surroundings while sleeping can also affect the quality of sleep. One must ensure a comfortable temperature according to their preferences. Although, 20 degree celsius is supposed to be the most comfortable for most people.
Apart from taking the above mentioned steps, one must also ensure that their bed room and the bed are comfortable. Make sure that the choice of furniture and the furniture placement is not too clumsy and should promote calmness in the space. The correct choice of mattress and bed size also adds up to making our sleeping space more appropriate. The fabric, colour and texture of the bed sheets and blankets should also promote a comfortable space to sleep in. So make sure to choose from the best fabrics and textures for your bed sheets available in different sizes like twin, queen or king size bed sheets to cover your sleeping space in your choice of colours and the most comfortable blankets to promote a healthy sleep.