You’d be so happy to have a new appliance with modern features. Stocking up a brand new refrigerator or using a new washing machine for your laundry makes food preservation and house chores easier and faster. Without proper care and maintenance, you’d begin to see signs of mold growth around these appliances. With this, you’d feel uncomfortable using these new appliances. In addition to defeating the purpose of why you bought the appliance in the first place, mold appliances can be dangerous to the health of users. For this reason, you should make sure to prevent mold growth on your appliances right from the moment they are bought. Mold remediation services Richmond Virginia offers a customized mold remediation service. After completing the cleaning process, they will give you tips on how to prevent this ugly incidence from rearing its head in the future.
However, it is important to know the different appliances that are more vulnerable to mold growth. These appliances produce moisture at all times, regardless of how small it is, hence the right condition for which mold can thrive, grow, and expand in size, if not handled as soon as possible.
It’s hard not to find signs of mold growth in an improperly used refrigerator probably because this is the place where you store your food. Apart from moisture, food sources are a commonplace that mold can grow. Thus, the refrigerator has just the right conditions for mold growth. Keeping the refrigerator clean among other things is a great way to prevent mold growth in the home.
Follow these steps to keep mold growth inside your refrigerator at bay.
- Clean any food spills immediately. Do not leave it to sit for days, otherwise, you risk exposure to mold.
- Clean your fridge thoroughly once a month. This should include the egg container, drawer, trays, and every compartment there is. Use the right cleaning agents to get rid of all dirt and mold causing possibilities. After cleaning, make sure these components get dry completely before closing the doors
- Clean your door creases using a scrub brush.
When you think of mold appliances, the washing machine comes to mind. The laundry room has just the right conditions to stimulate the growth of mold in the home. This is because mold can only thrive in damp rooms or food-like sources. Leaving a pile of dirty clothes in your damp laundry room for an extended period will cause mold growth. It doesn’t matter how advanced your washing machine, mold can grow in spots where you least imagined, far away from your prying eyes.
Take these steps to prevent mold growth in your laundry room
- Do not leave a pile of dirty clothes hanging around for a long time, especially in the laundry room
- All washed clothes should be processed for packaging or proper storage right away. Do not leave wet clothes without drying them appropriately
- Keep your washing machine moist free after every wash by opening the door after use.
- Be sure to keep your washing machine clean at all times.