The resin driveways are becoming an increasingly popular choice for local spot improvement. This material has proven to be durable, hard, and easy to clean. The resin driveways are hypoallergenic and therefore suitable for allergy sufferers. Cleaning, care, and use of polymer driveways will affect their appearance and durability, so they should be regularly looked after and washed with products that do not contain strong substances such as vinegar, acetone, or ammonia.
What is it and why is it popular?
Resin driveways are also available in 3D. These are original and realistic solutions that give the exterior an individual character. 3D resin driveways are made from durable materials, so there is no risk of resin flaking from graphics and driveways yellowing with use.
Resin driveways are hygienic, jointless, and efficient, strong enough to resist microdamage and abrasion. They are highly resistant to water and moisture, so such a coating is used not only for driveways but also for houses, terraces or balconies can surprise you with its functionality and hygiene.
The advantage of resin driveways lies in their anti-electrostatic properties – they do not attract dust, therefore they are also suitable for people with allergies. In the past, the resin was used mainly in industrial buildings, garages, laundries, and basements. It is currently used in combination with colored varnishes or fillers as a coating for driveways as well as in homes.
This coating can be colorless or colored. You can also embed, for example, your favorite photos, paintings, or graphics for unique and timeless coverage. Resin is usually available in matte, semi-matte, or glossy finishes. It has no joints where dirt can accumulate and is easy to clean. When choosing polymer coatings for your home, you don’t have to sacrifice a heated floor. Two types of resins are used to make such a floor:
- Epoxy is the most popular. It can be combined with dyes and any other ingredients. It is most often chosen for basements and boiler rooms due to its low resistance to discoloration. Epoxy floors are matt, for a glossy finish they are painted with special varnishes.
- Polyurethane is more resistant to UV rays and is more flexible than epoxy resin floors. They are often chosen for houses, terraces, balconies, driveways, and entrance stairs.
The advantage of resin floors is also that you don’t have to remove them when you want to change the base. It is a material on which boards and tiles can be laid directly.
How to clean the resin driveways?
It was a harsh summer and you decided to take care of your exterior to continue enjoying it until the end of the sunny days. You already have an excellent resin driveway and don’t know how to clean it up without damaging, breaking the cut, or getting too tired.
You chose resin driveways primarily because of their aesthetic qualities, but above all because of their many practical benefits. The non-slip, UV resistant, draining, tacky resin driveway has many advantages over, for example, waxed concrete or any other classic industrial coating.
This is the number one partner in your landscaping and undoubted decorative interest thanks to the very large selection of colors. The resin driveways still require some precautions to maintain their qualities and allow you to use them for as long as possible.
If your driveway has been installed recently, it probably doesn’t require much maintenance, so you can simply wipe it down with a jet of water. A little soapy water (or any other so-called neutral cleaner) is more than enough.
Indeed, among its many practical benefits, due to its drainage properties, resin driveways do not hold stains. Avoid using products that are corrosive or too acidic in the first place. A cleaner too abrasive, too aggressive, risks ruining the quality of your resin patio.
For so-called food or paint stains, prohibit sanding paper, abrasive sponges, or scrapers, otherwise, you risk seriously damaging the resin flooring.
You also do not need to use expensive polishes, varnishes, or protective waxes. Unlike wood flooring, cement flooring, or acrylic flooring, resin stone carpets retain this luster for many years, giving it a novelty luster.
Here are our top guidelines:
– Regular cleaning resin driveways can be done with a water jet, brush, pressure washer. In the case of regular watering with hard water (lime, etc.), it is recommended to rinse with fresh water to avoid deposits and traces of lime.
– It is recommended to regularly clean the resin driveways to prevent dirt and dirt particles from stagnating and crusting.
– Dead leaves must be removed so that no signs of plant decomposition remain on the resin driveways.
– Avoid contact with garden care products that contain ferrous sulfate, which can leave rust-colored marks on your flooring.
– To remove mold or other microbial impurities such as layers of green algae, we recommend using INTRASIT SE-SL 18DD, a product specially developed for natural stone and resin flooring.
– When removing snow, the use of salt causes premature aging of the resin driveways.
– On resin driveways, the movement of heavy vehicles is strongly discouraged.
– To maintain good durability over time, it is necessary to apply a repair resin every 7-10 years (depending on use, weather conditions, traffic, etc.) to protect the flooring. and return it to its original shine and radiance.
Resin for the floor at home – usage recommendations
The types of resin often seen in celebrities homes is a very different substance which is very smooth and aesthetic.
The way of washing, vacuuming, and using other polymer floors affects their appearance and durability. For this reason, you should not walk on such surfaces with outdoor shoes. The sand particles are very sharp and can cause scratches and abrasions on the surface.
Also, be careful when moving furniture, equipment, and other heavy items such as suitcases. In rooms where resin is poured onto the floor, it is best to use felt pads under the legs of chairs, cabinets, beds, and tables. This will prevent minor scratches and loss of gloss. However, remember to use earth-colored felt pads on white resin floors. Dark material can cause discoloration that is difficult to remove.
In any case, if you have any doubts, do not hesitate to contact a professional to ensure the integrity of your resin surfaces.
Leave a Reply