We all love teddy bears. Isn’t that so? But do you know how it was founded, when, and more info about it? Well, this article brings to you some amazing facts that you are not aware of about a teddy bear.
One thing is guaranteed that you all will enjoy this for sure and increase your knowledge as well. Certainly, a Big Teddy Bear brings a smile to everyone’s face. Moreover, they are adorable and so much likable that everyone falls in love with them. There are so many facts about a teddy bear that many of us don’t know yet. Teddy bears are cute, plush, and long-lasting. But can you tell who discovered the name Teddy Bear? Who made the first Teddy Bear? And many more questions that might come to your mind but were not aware of. Take a look at these amazing facts now.
Either a toddler or infant to a teenager or an adult, everyone has a special love for teddy bears. They are friendly and can be a mood changer for everyone. Giant teddy bears play multiple roles in a person’s life. People can play with them, enjoy with them, and with these lovely giant teddies, a person can sleep with them as well. A teddy bear can be your all-day-long companion. And make you fall for it every single time.
And the best part is they are one of the best options for gifting to anyone. There is no defined age group for teddy bears.
Now without any further delay, let’s look at some of these amazing fun facts of the Teddy bear listed below.
- Do you know from where a teddy bear got its name? Very few people might be aware of this. If you’re not on the list, let us tell that the teddy bear got its name after the president of the USA, Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt. It was when he refused to shoot a bear during a hunting trip in 1902.
- Surprisingly, a shopkeeper named Morris Michtom and his wife Rose, inspired by a cartoon featuring the event made a stuffed bear with a sign over it, “Teddy’s Bear.” This stuffed toy immediately gained immense attention from people and attracted one and all by captivated their interest. Soon after, they started their own company named Ideal Novelty and Toy company.
- Quite earlier than this, in 1902, in Germany, Margarete Steiff and her family made a silk-like fabric bear with movable legs and hands. To make it more attractive, they added to it a friendly face too. This idea came to them after they visited the zoo.
- The first time the term teddy bear got recognition in the Oxford dictionary was in 1906.
- Isn’t it weird and fun at the same time that a stuffed toy got its named after a President while getting so much attention among the people? After the sudden and tremendous popularity soon many companies started making stuffed teddies.
- Surprisingly, the Steiff Louis Vuitton Teddy Bear is the world’s most expensive teddy bear, worth $2.1 billion. With this, we can assume the craze for teddy bears among people.
- Earlier teddy bears were made that looks like real bears with large snouts and beady eyes. Later on, all the modern teddy bears were made with larger eyes and foreheads with a small nose.
Hope this article was informative and helped you achieve more information about our much-loved teddy bears. Just in case if this arose more of your interest in teddy bears and want to buy them, Giant Teddy will be your ultimate destination.
Giant teddy offers a vast range of teddy bears in different sizes, colors, designs, and many more. All stuffed teddies and toys in different animal characters are made with quality fabric that ensures their durability. Apart from teddy bears, we also offer other animal stuffed toys. Giant teddy is a cost-effective brand that you can easily buy for yourself or gift to your friend.
Take your love for stuffed toys and other teddy bears like 53-Inch Teddy Bear to the next level with a Giant Teddy customized collection that will leave you in awe. Visit the website to know more about this product and many more from their collection. Keep visiting our website to check the latest stuffed toy collection.