Salesforce is the very first cloud-based CRM program in the world. It was introduced in March 1999 by Marc Benioff and Parker Harris. Creating this CRM system aims to allow businesses to share their service, market, analyze, and communicate with their customers affordably and efficiently.
There are some basic practices of Salesforce that help users to manage the relationship with potential customers. It also enables them to engage and communicate with clients and business associates to store their information in the cloud safely.
A nice thing about Salesforce is that it is possible to customize many out-of-box features to fit a company’s needs. Salesforce testing is a verification in vanilla SDFC of the setup and customization carried out.
Instead of assessing built-in salesforce features, the task is to ensure that a tester examines the code that has been customized.
A platform development language called APEX is the basis for SalesForce CRM. It also supports many developers with a built-in unit test case to verify their code.
Reasons to Salesforce Testing
Salesforce testing sets the foundation for businesses to stand firm in their daily operations. Here are some other key reasons for carrying out salesforce testing:
- It helps you to verify that the code and software are working.
- Enables you to check that the developed system can help you meet your business needs.
- Allows you to verify the initial construction of the device and if it meets the approved criteria.
- It lets you identify potential problems earlier, so it is simple to fix them.
- Monitor the functional flows centred on the progress of tests. It helps the team to build interactive streams to grasp the application features.
- The role of process builders enables you to check the program’s proper functioning and conduct.
- Workflows empower you to review time-based activities for reliability.
Types of Salesforce Tests
1. Testing Salesforce Manually
The manual software development process involves using conventional techniques to test the Salesforce. To conduct functional testing, happy path testing, integration testing, regression testing, and device testing, the QA team may use manual testing processes.
2. Automation Salesforce Testing
In order to test a Salesforce integrated software, automated testing requires a computer programme. We can use some salesforce automation testing tools like ACCELQ, Selenium, Ambition, QTP, etc.
How Salesforce Automation Testing is Better
It is essential to test critical processes to ensure that they are running normally. Businesses are designing their Salesforce mechanisms, and before each launch, they need to test those developments.
When going through the process, businesses who want to use test automation to improve their Salesforce testing face some challenges.
- One of the very first challenges for businesses is to adjust to various versions of Salesforce.
There are two main types of Salesforce in which companies operate today: Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning.
Although some businesses that have adopted Salesforce pre-Lightning continue working with the Classic edition, companies that have recently started working with Salesforce embrace Lightning because of its enhanced UI and functionality.
Salesforce test automation tools offer ‘integrating networks’ as their core functionality. It has minimized the challenges of shifting between networks and has resulted in better efficiency.
- Adjusting to updates with Salesforce apps
To ensure that the system works optimally, the Salesforce platform is continuously improving and schedules maintenance periodically. Which is sometimes hard to track for testers working manually.
With automation, a successful testing tool for codeless automation can account for a wide variety of different versions and upgrades of software. Other significant benefits, like the ability to quickly and effortlessly build automated tests via the Salesforce UI.
- Recognizing complicated web components for Salesforce is yet another major obstacle for businesses.
Since Salesforce uses hard-to-test components with code-based applications, it’s challenging to cope manually.
But with an appropriate automation tool, this issue is not as significant. The creators have equipped salesforce automation tools with AI based technologies which help with the understanding of the service. They instantly simplify the process for businesses and support them is seamless testing.
Codeless test automation has simplified intense coding tasks for development teams since it does not involve any code. In turn, they can use their time on better things to offer accuracy, productivity and speed.