The process of overcoming drug addiction is a complicated task. There are various kinds of treatments available all around the world to help a person overcome the situation. Addiction to any drug may have detrimental effects on the mental and physical health of a person. The physical and psychological health may deteriorate over time. It is because of the increasing dependence of the person on the drug. They increase support and put limits on the physical and mental well-being of the person. There are various kinds of residential treatment programs specifically designed to allow the individual to focus on important issues. The residential drug rehab treatments go on for the entire day. Right from the time the person wakes up until they go to sleep, the therapy never stops.
The individual concerned lives within the facility and also has access to the care 24/7. Often, the personal preferences and the family lives of an individual make this kind of treatment very helpful. However, in some cases, a person has to opt for this treatment based on their doctors’ advice or the mental health professional. It is essential to know how the programs work and how to taper it for individual needs, and then you can make a sound decision.
The types of residential programs that you can choose
Residential programs get designed in a manner that helps to provide the patient with a safe environment. It is very different from the inpatient treatment programs that get delivered in clinics and hospitals. The duration for which a person has to stay in the residential program depends on the patient’s mental and physical condition. However, many studies have revealed that most of the programs require the patient to stay for 90 days.
The success of the therapy depends upon the duration of the stay. Patients who get enrolled for 90 days bear greater chances of recovery on a long term basis. It is the gold standard of treatment. However, some residential programs get designed for a shorter duration of time. It may range for a few weeks depending on the situation of the patient. In contrast to this, the treatment programs may extend for more than a year.
The people who may benefit from these kinds of treatments
• According to various studies, residential treatment programs cater to those individuals who cannot manage alone. Often, the absence of a safe and stable place to reside may be a reason for taking the help of residential rehab programs.
• Also, in many cases, it is found that the absence of friends and family members around is one of the primary reasons why these individuals get into substance abuse. They also lack the recovery skill essential to get back to everyday life without any external support.
• For individuals who live with people who are into drug abuse, the residential treatment program can be a better way out. It helps them overcome the temptation and distraction provided by individuals who are into substance abuse. If they stay away from these kinds of individuals, it can help them build up the required skills to stay away from alcohol or drugs.
• It is essential to finish the program and not abandon it halfway. Studies have revealed that around 38% of cases reach the final destination; however, 29% lived halfway. There is no clear explanation regarding why there is a discrepancy. However, the chances of getting back to standard life increase with the completion of the program.
• People who suffer from mental illnesses can also take help from residential programs. There are various kinds of health programs that get specially designed for patients with a specific mental disorder. Many times people with suicidal tendencies also go for residential programs. It is because these centers provide around-the-clock care, which helps to prevent the occurrence of suicide.
• There are various kinds of services provided by inpatient rehab in Tennessee. Some of the programs get targeted towards recovering a person from drug abuse, while others design to help young adults and teenagers overcome mental illness. There are different kinds of benefits associated with each type of program.
• There are also some additional services provided by these centers. These include meditation, cooking, craft, community service, and animal therapy. These special services of luxury rehab in Virginia help the individual get back to everyday life by performing simple activities. By spending time in these activities, the person is mentally engaged and gets inclined towards substance abuse.
• There are various factors that you must consider before choosing the right type of residential treatment program. The primary question associated with this kind of treatment is associated with customization. The individualistic approach that the therapy has helps a person to overcome the mental condition. You should get a program that can provide you with customized assistance for your specific needs. The medication that you may get also has counseling programs that prove helpful in the long run.
The various behavioral and mental issues associated with drug abuse differ from person to person. Hence choosing the residential drug rehab involves multiple factors that need proper deliberation. Make sure that the government or government-aided agencies monitor the programs thoroughly. It will ensure the authenticity of the treatment meted out. The success rate of residential programs is very high. Hence you should choose the one that suits you.