The pandemic has nudged over half of the workforce population to change their career. More people are flexible with their career choices and seek the best for themselves.
Candidates know their worth and can easily pass a company that does not meet their standards. In short, your best suitable candidate can easily pass overlook you for a competitor. And more people are going the freelance way.
Besides, increasing digital transformation is making traditional job boards less influential. With more candidates doing the research before applying, your brand should have a compelling story to impress them.
For example, software developers are the most sought after, but only 13% are actively searching. The compounding challenges call for a mix of traditional recruitment, and digital and content marketing. Some call it recruitment 3.0.
You should adapt to modern recruitment practices or remain with unfilled roles that cost money in the long run. Worst still, traditional practices can get you unqualified candidates that are even more expensive.
Let’s discuss modern best recruitment ideas and practices to embrace given candidates’ changing behaviors and digital transformation.
1. Virtual Recruitment
The pandemic forced a rethinking of every aspect of business processes, including recruitment and hiring. Technology facilitates remote working. Likewise, technology is driving virtual recruitment into mainstream adoption. It allows broad reach, flexibility, and convenience to recruiters, employers, and candidates.
Virtual recruitment is here to stay, and you should follow suit to enjoy its benefits. Research shows that more than half of Gen Z candidates will forego application if the company has outdated recruitment methods.
And with more baby boomers retiring, vacancies can only be filled by Gen Z and Millenials. So, leveling up through virtual recruitment is a flex you shouldn’t miss to attract these workforce groups.
2. Consider Recruitment Process Outsourcing for Expertise and Cost Gains
The pandemic lesson is loud and clear: agility is critical. You should be able to scale up or down accordingly with prevailing circumstances to reduce the negative impact on your bottom line. For example, if you only conduct at least two or one recruitment exercise annually, why keep burdening yourself with the in-house costs? If you’re looking for a highly qualified digital marketer, you should look into Culver digital marketing recruiters–they can help you find top talent in an effective, timely manner.
You can have a recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) and concentrate on other important aspects of HR management. RPO recruitment speeds up your hiring process at a fraction of the in-house team costs. RPO can empower your full-lifecycle recruitment by attracting quality candidates and elevating the candidate experience.
RPO recruitment also allows you to seek services only when you need to. So, you can scale up or down with ease depending on your business needs. Hence, it a one of the best recruitment ideas, especially when you want to control operating costs.
3. Use Tech Solutions to Improve Recruitment Process
Digital transformation makes it possible to streamline most recruitment and hiring processes. As a result, you can achieve efficiency and cost gains. Here are some of the technology and ways they can improve your operations.
- Zoom: Zoom and other remote recruitment tools allow you to conduct interviews and onboarding without the complexities of physical interactions. You’ll be able to eliminate the need for candidates to travel, worry about the weather, etc. Hence it gives them a relaxed, stress-free experience.
You can cast a wide net nationally, regionally, or globally for talent as an employer.
- Applicant Tracking System: The applicant tracking system organizes candidates’ data for a simplified and fast recruitment process. It contains candidates’ experience skills and uses the data for filtering.
Such filtering enables faster CV screening and matching to speed up the recruitment processes. It also gives you vital insight into the recruitment exercise, especially the interview process. So, you can adjust accordingly to offer a better and more excellent process next time.
- AI and HR Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) impacts human cognition into systems. But the most significant aspect of AI is the automation of mundane functions within the recruitment process. Besides, it can crunch vast candidates’ data for advanced analytics and valuable insights.
At the core of advanced applicant tracking systems, AI is the foundation technology driving efficiency and HR analytics. It, therefore, gives recruiters more time to focus on aspects that get more value for human time.
4. Include Workforce Diversification
Workforce diversification should be part of your modern recruitment practices too. Workplace diversification means creating an inclusive workplace environment.
It involves accepting all employees regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, disability, etc.
Workplace diversity has a positive direct impact on your bottom line. It increases revenue by about 20% and drives companies past the median average financial performance by 15%. Here are additional workplace diversity stats:
- Nearly half of Gen Z are ethnic and racial minorities.
- Over 75% of employees prefer diverse companies.
- Groups deemed minority will gain “majority” status in 25 years.
Let’s be frank: you have to be inclusive and exit the game. An inclusive work environment is a competitive advantage. Embrace it.
5. Offer Hybrid Work Model
We have emphasized the importance of remote working and virtual recruitment processes. But, there are some industries like healthcare that need more physical contact for effective delivery. Besides, the remote working model has challenges that technology is striving to solve, such as employee engagement and morale.
Adopting a practical hybrid work mode can further help solve some remote working model challenges. Over 60% of high-growth companies are already using a hybrid working model. You can leverage your growth too by adopting it.
6. Strive for Candidate Retention
Customer retention and loyalty are vital for company growth. It reduces the cost of customer acquisition, generates more business, and is likely to refer more people to your businesses.
Likewise, employee retention plays a crucial role in your productivity and bottom line. It helps reduce the employee turnover rate that negatively impacts your business in two main ways:
- It disrupts workflow. If an employee exits, it leads to a knowledge gap and workflow disruption as other members have to cover for the shortage.
- It costs more money and time to get a new employee. It costs about twice an employee’s salary to train and expose them to the company’s processes. So, the more the employee turnover, the greater the cost and training time.
While you can not glue anyone to your company, an employee retention strategy can increase the duration of your relationship. It will reduce employee turnover rates and control its associated costs.
The same concept applies to applicants or new employees too.
Here are some ways of improving employee and candidate retention:
- Create a transparent and equitable recruitment process.
- Make yourself a center for upskilling new employees for better productivity.
- Offer a smooth, personalized candidate experience.
- Provide a work-life balance to reduce burnout and improve satisfaction etc.
The pandemic disrupted every industry and sector, and HR was not left untouched. Companies had to adopt remote working models to enable business continuity. The same changes are being reflected in the recruitment process.
You should strive for a personalized candidate experience while considering your bottom line. Remote recruitment, primarily virtual recruitment, will improve candidate satisfaction and experience. And, taking applicants from different diverse backgrounds is critical too.
Also, use an appropriate tech stack to streamline your recruitment and hiring process, like the applicant tracking system. But, the ultimate flex is using RPO recruitment to get quality recruitment expertise at a fraction of the cost with unrivaled speed.
Candidate retention, social media recruitment, and personality surveys should also be top of your list. Consider the following recruitment ideas to adapt to the modern recruitment landscape.
Leave a Reply