A garage is a space that the family can convert to suit their needs, and owning a garage always comes handy. Before diving into business, there are factors and different types of garages to consider, as little research is required to choose suitable garage kits and get the best possible result from owning a garage.
Benefits of Owning a Garage:
A car is a valuable asset to an Australian family, and protecting them comes down to two choices: carports or garages. Carports feature DIY options and are less expensive. However, they are not theft-proof and offer less protection from the elements. On the other hand, garages might sound more expensive and require more time to construct, but the benefits outweigh them easily.
- Budget Direct’s report revealed that 58,285 vehicles reported stolen in 2019, and any Australian would be furious if they found their car missing after parking it in their driveway. Owning a garage offers a solution to this issue, as the family can park their daily drive inside four walls, which makes it a challenging target for someone who plans on stealing or vandalising the car.
- Parking in the neighbourhood street might attract some parking tickets, and owning a garage helps the family avoid multiple parking tickets.
- The Antarctic air sometimes brings snowfall to parts of Australia, and a significant amount of snow builds up on vehicles. Getting into a cold car in a cold climate is the worst possible decision a person can make, and scrapping the car, and frozen windows and doors add to the worry. Owning a garage helps the individual address this issue, as it keeps the car nice and warm during winter.
- The garage also offers easier maintenance. The family can work on their car maintenance inside the garage rather than the driveway or the street. The protection provided from the elements also allows individuals to perform maintenance work throughout the year and not worry about the weather.
- Garages also offer extra storage to the family to store off-season items and have a clean and organised home. Sometimes, garages can also transform into workrooms, mudrooms, or even an additional room for the family.
Types of Garages:
- Standard Garage: It is the most basic garage type and serves only one purpose, i.e., storing cars. This type does not have additional features, and the user can choose one, two, three or four-car standard garage.
- Apartment Garage: It features an additional space beside or above the garage, and increases the home’s value as the owner can rent out space to tenants to make extra money.
- Colonial Garage: Modelled after the 18th-century outbuildings in Virginia, this type of garage is code compliant and matches older style homes.
- Shop Garage: The perfect type of garage for storing cars or home businesses that require additional space. This type provides space for more than just the vehicles, and families can store their belongings comfortably.
- Oversized Garage: A single-story garage that features additional space on the sides or down the middle, and allows the user to walk around the car and store their belongings.
- SUV Garage: This type features a 9 to 10-foot high frame walls and 9 feet by 8 feet tall garage doors, and provides the user ample space to park their small to medium-sized SUV.
- Compact Garage: The smallest type of garage that features minimum functionality and standard dimensions. Great type to store old lots that do not have room to fit detached garages.
Choosing the right type of garage is crucial as building garages are sometimes expensive, and people hate losing their hard-earned money. Building a garage using garage kits from Best Sheds will be just what the family needs and they provide the best possible results by catering to the customer needs.