Patients suffering from different problems visit hospitals with the hope of getting better. That’s the exact expectation and hope that accident victim visiting a hospital have too. Can you imagine the kind of trauma that people would have to face when they would suffer instead of getting healed due to medical negligence?
It might sound unreal to you, but medical malpractice isn’t uncommon. Many cases have been popping their heads in recent times. Although nobody expects doctors to mess up their lives,, at times, due to sheer negligence or carelessness, the patients suffer from major setbacks. This is what medical malpractice means.
The law in Miami has given victims the right to file a lawsuit against the medical practitioner responsible for negligence. Easier said than done, though. The people in question are medical maestros and proving that they’re guilty is no joke.
That’s why instead of trying to take up the guilty practitioner on your own, it’s important to hire a medical malpractice attorney in Miami instead. Skilled attorneys at firms such as Dolan Dobrinsky explain that the following are examples of medical malpractice:
- Injuries caused due to the wrong detection.
- Delayed diagnosis or delayed treatment.
- Prescribing wrong medication.
- Anesthesia errors and leaving behind surgical tools inside the patient’s body after surgery.
- Faulty test reports.
If you’ve been a victim of any of these practices, skilled attorneys can help! Did you know that as many as 3075 serious injuries were caused due to medical negligence in Florida in 2016 alone?
Now that we’ve established how fairly common these cases of medical malpractice have become, let’s now take you through the many ways in which a lawyer can help.
Here’s how an attorney can help:
- They will talk to unbiased medical experts and get their statements.
- They will cross-examine the extent of injuries you had before you visited the doctor and how your condition deteriorated instead of improving after you underwent the treatment.
- They will talk to patients who have had a similar outcome to strengthen your case.
- They will file all the paperwork and documentation to handle the case in court in case the guilty don’t agree to compensate you.
Besides, you might be emotionally enraged. In such a case, your attorney will fight in the court for punitive damages that are imposed on the guilty parties with the sole aim of punishing them.
So, do not forget to discuss your case with a reputable lawyer if you’ve been wronged by your doctor.