Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an independent self-governing test-conducting agency that conducts the IBPS RRB Exam. The test is conducted to hire Officers from Scale-I to III and Office Assistant (Multi-purpose) in various Regional Rural Banks (RRBs).
IBPS has released notification for the IBPS RRB Exam application for this year, where it is going to conduct the recruitment procedure for – Group “A” Officers – Officer Scale-I (Assistant Manager), Officer Scale-II (Generalist, Specialist Officers, Treasury Manager), Officer Scale-III & Office Assistant (Multi-purpose). The last day to apply is 21st July 2020.
For Officer Scale-II to III will happen as a Single Exam. For Scale 1, both Preliminary and Main exams will happen. In 2020, in total, the participating organizations include tentatively 43 Rural Regional Banks like Maharashtra Gramin Bank, Punjab Gramin Bank, Uttarakhand Gramin Bank, and many more. So, please find the latest notifications and instructions.
Important Dates IBPS RRB Exam
- Last date of Application for IBPS RRB Exam – 21st July 2020
- Number of vacancies – More than 10,000
- Date of IBPS RRB Preliminary Examination – Between September to October 2020 (tentative)
- Interview Dates of IBPS RRB Preliminary – October to November, 2020 (expected)
- Provisional Allotment for all scale officers – October to November 2020 (tentative)
Once the two phases of Online examination (i.e.Prelims and Mains tests) are passed, the shortlisted candidates are called for the Common Interview. The interview is conducted by NRRB (Nodal Regional Rural Banks) in association with NABARD (National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development) and IBPS.
Before filling the form at the official website https://ibps.in/, check your eligibility for application of IBPS RRB PO, apart from educational qualifications, which are different for every post.
Eligibility for IBPS RRB Exam
- Citizens of India, or subject of Nepal, or subject of Bhutan, or Tibetan refugee (who came to India for permanent settlement before the year 1962).
- To be eligible for IBPS RRB Exam, one must be at least a Graduate and must have experience of at least 1-5 years for Specialist Positions in Scale II & Scale III Officer.
- IBPS RRB Exam Age criteria:
- Officer Scale-I is 18 – 30
- Officer Scale-II: 21 – 32
- Officer Scale-III is 21 – 40
- Office Assistant (Multi-purpose): 18 – 30
*This Age limit is for the General category and candidates from EWS (Economically Weaker Sections). Other applicants from Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, People with Disability, Ex-service category, etc. get a relaxation accordingly.
IBPS RRB Exam – Carefully read the following list of items to be carried
As we know, the Covid-19 pandemic is at its peak, and every normal activity has been disrupted, the usual process of conducting examinations is also facing different challenges. So, IBPS has come up with a new set of compulsory guidelines to be followed that will ensure the least risk to everybody. Those who will not follow the new instructions strictly are bound to face harsh consequences and will not be allowed to sit for the IBPS RRB exam.
- Documents and Stationery– The necessary documents for IBPS RRB Exam are like Admit Card, Original Identity card, and photocopy of ID proof without which no entry will be allowed. Everyone has to carry their own plain pen to the exam center as there are strict instructions on not sharing any personal belongings among the candidates.
- Personal Protection items– A couple of things have been made compulsory keeping in mind the highly communicable virus of Covid-19. Without the presence of these items during this pandemic, students will not be allowed to enter the IBPS RRB Exam Centre:
- Personal Hand Sanitizer (50 ml only)
- Hand safety Surgical Gloves
- N-95 Face protection mask
- Transparent water bottle
- No sharing– The sharing of any personal stuff like pen or hand sanitizer is highly prohibited among the candidates because of the risk of Covid-19, which gets transmitted through touching the infected surfaces.
- No display of Roll numbers and Lab numbers on the walls– The roll numbers and the lab numbers will be provided to the students at the entrance of the IBPS RRB Exam Centre where the Admit card and ID proof documents will be verified for the entry.
- Different Reporting Time – This time, the students will not be allowed to report at any flexible time. All the students will be assigned different time slots (written on their Admit Cards) to report at the exam centre. No student should reach late for the exam. The candidates who will not follow these social distancing guidelines will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
- The compulsion of Aarogya Setu mobile Application– All the candidates appearing for the exam need to have the Aarogya Setu app installed in their mobile phones. This mandatory application should show the “no-risk” status of every student in order to get the entry. The ones with “moderate” or “high risk” indication will not be allowed to give the exam as their presence hampers the safety precaution of hundreds of other students and the staff members. The mobile phones are to be kept away switched off during the IBPS RRB Exam.
- Temperature Check– The body temperature of all the students will be checked by Thermo Gun before they are allowed to enter the Examination Centre. Those with more than 99.14- degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed to enter, again because of the high-risk factor.
- Exiting Order- As there are rules for entering the Centre, there are rules for proper departure to avoid crowding at any point of time and space. Even after the IBPS RRB Exam is over, everyone has to maintain the social-distancing for the sake of their own selves and the others.
Well, the application procedure is going to end soon, so if you are planning to apply for IBPS RRB Exam start applying and visit the official website (ibps.in) for more detailed information. Also, do not forget to adhere to the guidelines mentioned above.