Do you want to know how to record webcam video on Windows 10 in the best and most convenient way possible? If so, then we’ve got just the right thing for you.
Honestly, the perfect webcam recorder is the one that offers the most interesting and useful features. We’ve closely observed the top webcam recorders available for Windows 10 and handpicked these three apps based on their features, performance, and overall user-friendliness. Stay tuned as we brief you on each of these three webcam recorders and how you can use them to record webcam videos on Windows 10.
Part 1. The Best Way to Record Webcam Video on Windows 10
Alt: how to record webcam windows 10 – hitpaw screen recorder
The best webcam recording software is the one that allows you to record webcam videos efficiently and without any hassle. The HitPaw Screen Recorder is recording software that fits this description perfectly. HitPaw Screen Recorder allows you to record your computer screen as well as your webcam. At the moment, this software is only available for Windows 10 and Windows 7.1; however, the Mac version of the software is soon to come.
The HitPaw Screen Recorder offers a highly intuitive user interface that makes it extremely easy for users to record their webcam. Furthermore, the HitPaw Screen Recorder is popularly known for its various and exciting features that it entertains users with. Its features are simple, yet professional; therefore, allowing anyone with little experience or knowledge of screen recorders to understand and use the features. With that said, let’s take a look at some of the main features of the HitPaw Screen Recorder.
- The Picture in Picture recording mode of the HitPaw Screen Recorder allows you to simultaneously record from the webcam as well as the screen. Users can select a certain layout to adjust the positions of the webcam and screen on the video.
- Users can decide to record or not record audio while recording from a webcam or screen.
- Users can take screenshots at any time during recording.
- The HitPaw Screen Recorder allows Hardware Acceleration; therefore, ensuring the software runs fast and smooth on your computer.
Now that we’ve discussed the main features of the software, let’s understand the process of how to record webcam Windows 10 using the HitPaw Screen Recorder.
- To begin, download and install the HitPaw Screen Recorder on your computer.
- After installation, launch the software. Select “Record Webcam” from the home page to select the recording mode.
- You can now select the desired video resolution as well as the FPS.
Alt: how to record webcam on windows 10 – record webcam settings
4. Tap on the Record button to start recording your webcam. During recording, you can adjust the system and microphone audio from the toolbar at the top.
Alt: how to record webcam video on windows 10 – recording webcam
5. When you want to end the recording, tap on the Stop button. You can now trim your video to remove any unnecessary portion. Tap on “Open output folder” to check out the video.
Alt: record webcam video windows 10 – trim webcam
Part 2. The Best Free Way to Record Webcam on Windows 10
If you want to record your webcam without paying for any advanced features or software, then you should use the Windows 10 default “Camera” app to record your webcam video. Unlike the HitPaw Screen Recorder, this app doesn’t help you record your computer screen or use the Picture in Picture effect. If you’re a beginner who wants to record simple webcam videos to share with friends and family, then Windows 10 Camera is a great option for you!
Here are some interesting features that you may encounter while using Windows 10 Camera.
- It allows you to select the video resolution as well as FPS before recording the video.
- Apart from recording videos, it also allows you to take pictures in your desired resolution.
Now, let’s take a look at how to record webcam on Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 built-in Camera app.
- Press the “Windows” key from your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Search for “Camera” and launch the application.
- Tap on the “Video” button to switch from Picture mode to Video mode.
- Hit the Record button to start recording your webcam. When finished, hit the stop button and the video will automatically be saved on your computer.
Alt: windows 10 record webcam – windows 10 camera
Part 3. The Best Open-Source Way to Record Webcam on Windows 10
Another remarkable software that can be used for Windows 10 record webcam is the OBS Studio. OBS Studio is multi-purpose software that not only lets you record your screen and webcam but also allows you to stream live on streaming platforms, such as YouTube and Twitch. OBS Studio is free software that is used popularly to record gameplays and other screen recordings.
Even though the OBS Studio is more difficult to navigate and use than other alternatives, its benefits outweigh its struggle. OBS Studio provides the most basic as well as professional webcam and screen recording features that can make your videos much more charming and attractive. Here are some popular features of the OBS Studio.
- OBS Studio allows Intel Hardware Acceleration allowing the software to run as smoothly as possible on your computer.
- The software supports ultra-high-definition webcam recordings. It supports high definitions including 4K and 8K.
- The software is available on several Operating Systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It offers customizable hotkeys that you can set up yourself to make the recording process easier for you.
You might have to encounter some hassle when trying to record your webcam with OBS Studio; however, to avoid inconvenience, be sure to read and follow along with the instructions listed below.
- First and foremost, download and install OBS Studio on your computer.
- Launch the software and tap on the “+” button under the “Sources” section.
- Tap on the “Video Capture Device” option.
Alt: record webcam windows 10 – video capture device
4. State a suitable name for this new source and hit “OK”.
Alt: how to record webcam on windows 10 – create new
5. Select the suitable webcam in the devices drop-down list. Set the desired resolution for the video.
Alt: how to record webcam windows 10 – select device
6. Hit “Start Recording” to begin recording your webcam. Once done, hit “Stop Recording” and save the recording on your computer.
Alt: record webcam video windows 10 – start recording.
Besides If you want to record video streaming, you can use a streaming video recorder.
Part 4. Which One is Better?
Now that you’ve read about each of the best webcam recorders for Windows 10, you must be wondering which method is most suitable for you. In order to assess that, you must compare the tools mentioned above by focusing on their features, user-friendliness, price, and other important factors!
We can’t let you go through this struggle, so we’ve compared these tools ourselves. Take a look at the table below to understand the difference between the three apps mentioned above and conclude with which one fits your need perfectly.
HitPaw Screen Recorder
Windows 10 Camera
|The software can be purchased for 1 Month at $14.99, 1 Year at $29.99, or a Lifetime at $49.99.||The build-in software is completely free to use.||The full version of the software can be download and used for free.|
|Available for Windows 10 and Windows 7 devices. Will be available for Mac devices soon.||Only available on Windows 10 devices.||Available for all Windows, Mac, and Linux devices.|
|The software and all features are extremely easy to use and understand.||The app is easy to use and doesn’t include any hassle.||The software is difficult to use and understand for beginners.|
|Allows Hardware Acceleration to make the software run smoother.||Do not allow Hardware Acceleration.||Allows Hardware Acceleration to make the software run smoother.|
|Allows a variety of features for webcam recording.||Does not offer many features for webcam recording.||Offers several features for webcam recording.|
|Offers Picture in Picture mode.||Does not offer Picture in Picture mode.||Offers Picture in Picture mode.|
Thanks to this article, you now know how to record webcam video on Windows 10 in the best and simplest way. It’s actually pretty easy to do so. All you need to do is search for the right software or tool to help you record webcam videos. For this purpose, HitPaw Screen Recorder is flawless software that you will not regret using!