Laptops are the most necessary gadgets that people need almost every day. Laptops are highly necessary for the students, corporates, gamers, and others. The best thing about the laptop is that it is a compact device and you can carry it wherever you go. It is a perfect device to work at home. Moreover, you can also take it on the road while traveling and can complete your work while doing the journey. You can get a laptop with various sizes, features, specifications, and prices. Hence, if you do not have the knowledge of the various essential things laptop it becomes difficult to choose the right one. That is the reason why it is necessary to read a laptop reviews blog so that you can understand which one to buy. However, in this article, we have come up with some tips which will help you to buy an excellent laptop at an affordable price.
Tips to buy a laptop
The following are some most important factors that you need to consider while choosing a laptop of the best quality:
- Check the operating system: When you go to purchase a laptop the first thing that you need to check is its operating system. There are various types of operating systems such as Windows, MAC, Chrome OS, Linux, etc. and you should choose the one which you are comfortable with. Although the most popular operating system is Windows 10 choosing the type of operating system is your personal choice. Windows 10 is more flexible than Chrome OS or MAC OS.
- Select the appropriate size: Whenever you go to buy a laptop you must figure out the display size of the laptop. You must know what should be the appropriate size of your laptop. The laptop is categorized by its display sizes. The thinnest and lightest laptop remains in size 11 to 12 inches. This laptop weighs around 2.5 pounds and is suitable to carry anywhere. Apart from this, you will get laptops in various sizes like 13 to 14 inches, 15 to 16 inches, and 17 to 18 inches. The laptop of size 13 to 14 inches weighs 4 pounds, which is of size 15 to 16 inches weighs around 4 pounds, and that whose size is 17 to 18 inches weighs 6 to 7 pounds. You should choose your size depending on the nature of your work. For example, if you do a desk job or if your laptop remains at desks throughout the day then 17 to 18 inches is suitable for you.
- Check the keyboard as well as the touchpad: It is also necessary to check the keyboard as well as the touchpad. Make sure that the distance from one key to another should have enough space and ideally it should remain between 1 to 2 mm. The keyboards should be designed ergonomically so that they do not put stress on your finger while typing. It must also have precision touch drivers and there should be no jumpy cursor. Apart from that, it is necessary that the cursor of the laptop responds consistently for providing multi-touch gestures for example pinch-to-zoom.
- Pick the right processors: The processor is the main component of a computer. The performance of a laptop depends on the processor and hence you must make sure that your processor should be of the best quality. There are various types of processors such as Intel Core i3, Intel Core i5, Intel Core i7, Intel Core i9, Intel Xeon, 11the Gen, Intel Pentium, etc.
- Check the RAM: RAM is another most essential component of a laptop. Although most of the laptop comes up with a 4 GB RAM, if you play games or run multimedia programs then you must go for 8 GB or 16 GB RAM. Nowadays you will also get a laptop with 32 GB or 64 GB RAM.
- Storage Driver: The performance of the storage driver is also very important for a laptop. That is the reason why it is highly essential to buy a laptop with a Solid State Drive (SSD). When it comes to SSD you must choose the laptop that comes up with a newer PCIe x4 unit. Although the laptop having a newer PCIe x4 unit is a little costlier than that of the average one and it usually comes up with eMMC memory. The eMMC memory is also technically solid-state but it is not as faster as that of the mechanical hard drive.
- Display: Display is also a very essential factor that you must focus on while buying a laptop. You should always look for greater pixel because the more pixels you have the more content will be fit on the screen of your laptop. If you go for the budget laptop you will get a 1366 x 768 display. But you should go for 1920 x 1080 pixels which is also called full HD. However, you will also get a laptop with a display of 2560 x 1600 and 3200 x 1800 or even 3840 x 2160.
- Connectivity: The next thing that you need to check is the connectivity and you should always go for the latest and greatest connectivity options. You must go for that which comes up with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth option. You should also go for the laptop that offers Wi-Fi 6 support and Bluetooth 5 for improved connectivity.
- DVD or Blu-ray Drives: Nowadays all kind of software and movies are downloadable and that is the reason why you will get only a few laptops that comes up with optical drives. But still, you should always go for those laptops that come up with DVD or Blu-ray drives since there may be some cases when you need to read/write discs. In such circumstances, if your laptop does not come up with an in-built DVD drive then you may encounter several problems. In such a case, you may have to buy an external one for which you will need some extra money.