Finding healthy, drug-free employees who are able to focus and produce quality work and top-notch customer service is critical to the success of any business. Comprehensive drug testing services for employment are available to help you make quick, intelligent hiring decisions. Here’s what you should look for when choosing a drug screening partner:
- A wide range of testing capabilities. Urine, hair, and oral fluids tests are all important tools, each provides critical information, and your drug screening partner needs to offer a full range of tests and have the capability to test for the full spectrum of drugs. Urine testing is by far the most common and remains the only method approved for federally mandated drug tests. It’s also the most cost effective; one generous urine sample can be used to screen for a broad range of illicit and prescription drugs. Oral fluid testing is becoming more popular because observed collection helps thwart potential cheaters. Hair testing offers a long window of detection and helps winnow out long-term drug users.
- DOT testing. If your business has drivers on the road, DOT drug screens are part of the regular routine. Drug testing services should include standard DOT-approved drug testing as well as random testing, post-accident testing, and reasonable suspicion testing.
- Industry-specific testing. Many industries require compliance with specific drug, medical, and other health checks. Competent drug testing providers can help keep your workforce compliant with regulations regarding drug testing, vaccinations, titers, TB testing, and a variety of other health-related issues.
- Electronic scheduling. Employees are more likely to be compliant with drug testing for employment requirements when tests are easy to schedule and convenient to access. Drug testing providers that offer electronic scheduling and access to a broad network of testing sites, or even mobile sites that come to you, help employees get the tests they need almost effortlessly.
- Paperless system. Drug testing service providers are becoming increasingly paperless. Keep all the data online offers several distinct advantages. First, a paperless process contributes to faster overall turnaround times. Second, keeping all the paperwork in one online location prevents delays from lost or missing forms. And third, it ensures that all records remain compliant with the latest laws and regulations governing drug testing.
Drug testing for employment helps employers hire drug-free workers. Pre-employment screenings in conjunction with random and for-cause testing during employment discourages drug use among your employees. The benefits of a drug-free work force are many and include the following:
- Improved morale
- Decreased absenteeism
- Fewer accidents
- Less downtime
- Lower employee turnover
- Decreased theft
Choose your drug screening partner carefully and work together to create a drug testing program that works for your business.