The HVAC system is designed to control and condition the temperature in commercial and residential buildings. It utilizes the outdoor fresh air to provide regulated indoor air. HVAC systems are becoming an indispensable part of every household and office. Hence, it’s imperative to have an in-depth understanding of the general costs of HVAC systems before you decide on making an investment.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for commercial HVAC services, it would be a great idea to visit Clover Services.
Factors Affecting The Cost Of A New HVAC System
The cost of installing a new HVAC system may vary greatly depending on a number of general factors.
- The size of the room or apartment in which the HVAC system is to be installed affects the cost of the system. It goes without saying that the larger the area the greater would be the cost of installation. This is simply because the system will have to work harder to heat, cool, or ventilate a larger area than a smaller one.
- HVAC systems that are energy efficient and help to save money may cost more than those that don’t. However, the lower utility bills would make up for the additional costs in the longer run.
- Various systems come with a different arrangement of parts and hence, they have a different range of costs. So, it’s advisable to do some market research before boiling it down to a particular system.
- It’s important to check if the ductwork of the concerned area is compatible with the HVAC system that you want to install. Negligence of the ductwork can reduce energy efficiency and can cause molds to grow out of condensation.
- Accessories like programmable thermostats and electronic air cleaners may act as good amplifiers to the efficient functioning of an HVAC system. These accessories may notch up the cost of installation a bit but they might prove to be beneficial in the long run.
Product Wise Cost For An HVAC System
Different types of products are priced differently with respect to the kind of function they perform and the expanse of the area they cover.
These heating appliances use gas or electricity as fuel to generate hot air that is blown through ducts. Depending on the area they cover and the number of ducts they use, the average cost of furnaces can range between $3500-$4500. You might end up paying a higher amount for the product depending upon the model you choose and the area to be covered.
A boiler blows hot water through a radiator. They are slightly more expensive than furnaces but they too can heat an entire enclosed area from a single point. The price range for a boiler is between $ 7000 and $11500. The average cost of Buying a boiler is $9500. Unfortunately, homes or spaces beyond 2000-3000 square feet will require a much stronger boiler with a number of pipes making the entire heating system more expensive.
These are fairly inexpensive and are easy to install. Tank water heaters range between $1700 and $2900 whereas Tank Less Water Heaters come in between $3200 and $5000.
Central Air Conditioning
From large houses to malls and huge corporate offices, central air conditioning is used almost everywhere. Since it is so popular and has a large compressor accompanied by a number of ducts, its price can be slightly towards the higher side.
To have this system installed, you might have to pay somewhere between $3500 and $7500. The average cost is around $5000 and can fluctuate depending upon the brand, the model, the efficiency rate, and the extent of the area intended to be covered.
Ductless Mini Split System
As the name suggests, it is a smaller unit as compared to a central Air Conditioning system. This system can be used both for temperature moderation and cooling and is generally used for a smaller area or a single room.
The price range for this is between $3000 and $5000 and the average cost is somewhere around $4000. Even though initially this might seem to be a cheaper option, the cost of installing a unit in every single room might increase the entire cost quite a bit.
Here are some other costs associated with installing a new HVAC System
The cost of installing ductwork depends on the layout of an enclosed area with prior heating and cooling equipment installed. The average cost of ductwork can range between $35 and $55 per foot. In other words, they may cost between $150-$250 for every duct.
In the case of new construction, the ductwork installation may range between $5000 and $6000. The amount can go as high as $10000 depending on the area to be covered and the location as well.
Depending on where they are placed and the model type used, exhaust fan prices can range between $34 and $185. These low-priced parts help to clean the stale air out and make way for fresher air.
Other Factors To Take Under Consideration
Here are some other factors that might affect the overall cost of the HVAC system you intend to purchase.
The New HVAC systems consist of a variety of appliances that can last up to a period of 20 years. This can give you some idea regarding the cost of repair that you might roughly have to incur over the years. The costs may also vary depending on the period of warranty provided by the manufacturer. A product with a longer warranty period would be more expensive.
Age of the system
Modern HVAC systems would be more expensive than some older versions. This is due to the advanced technologies used in their manufacture.
As a vigilant and aware buyer, make sure that you do thorough market research with regard to the variety of models and brands before you invest in an HVAC system. Zero in the type of system you require and the size that would be appropriate for you.
Try to save costs on account of discounts and deals. You can purchase them during a festive season for more favorable prices. Decide on a budget with the help of this article and go out shopping for the best HVAC system.