Diet and nutrition is the key to balanced living. Proper nutrition not only helps in the growth & development of children but also makes them aware of good eating habits. It helps them to understand and imbibe a healthy lifestyle.
As children grow their nutritional needs also change, more so, their need for protein. While every macro and micro-nutrient is important proteins specifically help during growth spurts in toddlers, preteens, and teens. Which is why kids protein shakes are fast gaining popularity.
What are Protein Shakes?
Protein shakes are dietary supplements taken to ensure the protein requirements of the body are met. Best health drinks for kids that are convenient sources to supplement the body’s energy needs. Protein shakes are available as powdered supplements or as ‘ready-to-use’ drinks and can be given to kids as well to help cover any nutritional gaps and meet the needs of their growing bodies.
A classic kids protein shake consists of protein powder mixed in water or milk. However, mixing in milk is a more beneficial option. These can contain other ingredients as well.
There are three types of kids protein shakes available in the market. You can pick from Whey proteins, Casein Protein shakes, or Soy protein shakes as per your child’s needs.
Importance of Proteins for Teens
Children undergo various changes in their body while growing up. Different age groups have different energy and growth needs. A super active teen will as it needs more protein as compared to a preteen or a toddler. Gritzo has developed its kids’ protein shakes in line with the nutritional requirements of every age group. Especially the SuperMilk for Teen Athletes is the best suited product for 13-year-olds. This is because it helps with:
- Growth and development: Children in this age group experience rapid changes as they develop which is why they need protein for proper growth
- Body functions: Teens require proteins to help build enzymes, hormones and vitamins necessary for optimum development
- Brain function: Proteins help improve brain functions. The amino acids in the protein help the children to stay alert and think better
- Strength: Proteins help one repair the harm from exercise and sports, build up more muscle and make them stronger. Young athletes who routinely engage in strength and endurance training may need slightly more protein than others
Gritzo’s SuperMilk for Teen Athletes is one such product that caters to this demographic. Teenagers require energy and nutrients for growth, extra strength and faster recovery.
Features of this product include:
- Specially developed to provide nutrition to the young athletes
- Formulated for super active teens to provide strength, growth, health, and recovery
- Is a significant immunity booster for the child
- Provides 13g of pure, high-quality Whey protein per serving
- Comes enriched with 21 vitamins and minerals along with electrolytes to maintain the salt balance in the body as well.
- Contains highly bioavailable calcium with 100% daily required Vitamin D3 (which is 3X more efficient than D2 in improving vitamin D levels)
- Clean & healthy ingredients
- Free of any refined sugar, preservatives, artificial flavours, Trans Fats, Soy Proteins or Gluten
- Comes in delicious ‘Super 100% Natural Double Chocolaty flavour’
How and when to consume?
Children can consume Gritzo’s kids’ protein shakes with milk as it lends a thick consistency to the shake and a yummy taste. Though, kids can also take it with any other beverage of their choice like lassi, smoothies, etc.
Recommended dosage & duration:
- A single serving of two scoops in a glass of milk per day is enough.
- Kids can consume this shake at any time during the day. Depending on the needs, one can take them:
- In the morning at breakfast to kickstart the day and proceed with full energy
- In between the meals to supplement energy deficit and kill hunger pangs
- After physical training and sports activities to provide adequate energy and nutrients for tissues and muscles to repair and function
Use of kids protein shakes is a recent trend which is fast growing in popularity. This is because the understanding of the importance of proteins for the body is increasing. Children need protein shakes to supplement their body’s developmental needs. A carefully formulated protein shake like Gritzo also acts as a great immunity booster for the child. However, these must be taken as an additional boost and not at the cost of skipping meals. Another aspect is to intake in recommended dosage only and never overdo it. Excess of protein is as harmful as protein deficit. Thus, consulting a physician before including the supplements in your children’s diet is advised to avoid any undesirable effects.