Guest posting is one way to get external links for the site. Guest posting helps to get quality links that will make the promotion of external links more effective. And with minimal costs. Therefore, in this publication, we will consider what guest posting is, what benefits it gives, and how to get the most out of it.
What is Guest Posting?
The term “guest posting” means the publication of a text on a third-party blog. The owner of the web resource receives quality content for free, and you – a backlink to your site (it is placed inside the article).
There is a clause in Google’s recommendations stating that guest posting is considered a prohibited way to promote sites. For example, if we are talking about the mass publication of spam. But this method is still actively used by many webmasters because it is a relevant tool for site promotion, which has many advantages.
The Main Advantages of Guest Posting
Benefits for website owners and SEO-optimizers:
- Increase the quality of the reference mass;
- Increase traffic;
- Establish contacts with authoritative sites.
Benefits for owners of blogs where guest posts are published:
- Receive quality thematic content free of charge;
- Increase the credibility of the site (due to a large number of authors);
- Promote the site with minimal effort (with each published article increasing traffic and advertising revenue) accordingly.
Why Guest Posting Increases Real Traffic
Evaluating the effectiveness of guest posting, you need to understand how this search engine optimization tool works. Nowadays, aggressive promotion methods with the help of “gray” guest posting do not work anymore. That is, in order to get real traffic, it is necessary to create 100% unique and valuable text content for sites with high DA and PA (Domain Authority and Page Authority). To research potential sites, you can use Ahrefs, Serpstat, Moz, Majestic, and SimilarWeb. These resources, for example, will help to determine the domain rating and traffic to a particular online resource.
Traffic in guest posting is not generated automatically. Direct user referrals are generated by the interest and value of information in publications with backlinks. If the information is useful to the reader, they will be interested and follow the link to explore the topic further.
Many people try to find their sites for the placement of guest articles. But it is better to use a particular service of guest posting, such as https://adsy.com/submit-a-guest-post. It will save time and budget. The time saved is better to devote to the quality of articles for posting, which add backlinks with anchors.
When Guest Posting is Harmful
Guest posting negatively affects the brand if:
- The material is prepared by copywriters who don’t understand the niche;
- The material imposes the use of the tool;
- PR articles-overviews prevail over case studies;
- The articles vaguely describe the advantages of the service/product;
- Mockery of competitors.
If your articles fall on any item on the list, it doesn’t build brand credibility. If you don’t have a copywriter (content marketer) who understands the niche, give the material to a specialist for proofreading and pump up the professional level of the employee.
Like any crowdfunding strategy, Guest posting requires a thorough approach; otherwise, one cannot reach the desired efficiency level. The first and one of the main steps is to select high-quality sites for guest posting.
Effective Guest Posting Rules for Generating Traffic
In order for your guest posts to be of the greatest benefit, it is recommended to adhere to the following recommendations:
- A quality guest posting is a manual careful selection of sites for posting. At the same time, one should evaluate not only the ratings of possible donor blogs but also the number and activity of their visitors.
- Keep an eye on the quality of articles that will be used as guest posts if you are not writing them yourself.
- When using guest blogging to promote your resource, do not forget to stipulate in advance all the conditions for posting (the volume of texts, the presence of pictures, topics).
- It is worth remembering that guest posting is not advertising, so you should not get too carried away in articles praising your products or services, you can only slightly hint in this direction.
- Don’t be afraid to offer guest posts to popular blog owners. Of course, many will refuse, considering you another spammer, but there is a pretty good chance that some will agree, and, as a result, you will receive a particularly high-quality backlink.
- Do not forget to follow the published articles, actively answer readers’ questions in the comments. It can also help build traffic to your site.
Do not forget that you need to take into account other parameters of the site where you post. For example, the site should have high authority in the search engine. Also pay attention to the attendance of the web resource. The greater it is, the more effective guest posting will be. It is important that the subject matter of the blog coincided with the site to which the backlink leads. For example, if you want to get more traffic for the cleaning company’s site in this way, the article with the backlink should be published on a blog with similar topics. This may be a blog with tips for consumers or a regional blog.
Should You Use Guest Posting?
The effect of guest posting is quite high. Yes, there are risks of getting under the filters of search engines, but they also punish buying links from exchanges.
Guest posts are more reliable, as you agree with the owners of blogs on the details of cooperation, without intermediaries. And with the right approach, their effect will be much higher than from temporary or perpetual links purchased through exchanges (as there are usually involved sites of medium and low quality).