Vintage motorcycles are motorcycle models that are at least twenty years old and popularly linked to an era. In modern times, those motorcycles designed and produced back in the day have continued to occupy a special place in motorcycle lovers’ hearts. Honda vintage motorcycles of different models continue to have quite a demand on the market.
Honda has succeeded in making a name for themselves in the world of motorcycles. Back in the day, the Japanese company took credit for producing some of the most popular motorcycles highly favored by riders.
Therefore, it comes with no shock that vintage bikes are rare and not so easy to come by. Even when you come by one, it may not be in excellent condition. However, this piece provides you with everything you need to purchase a vintage motorcycle in the right shape.
Why should you go for a Vintage Motorcycle?
- Design: Most vintage Honda motorcycles are built with the theme “Slender” in mind. Motorcycle lovers have continued to applaud their classy features, curvy shapes, and stable build. Vintage Hondas are undeniable beauty; therefore, every true lover of vintage bikes should have one in the garage.
- Performance: Vintage Honda motorcycles have notably good power and performance. They compete well with modern motorcycles and can hold their own.
- Reliability: Vintage Honda motorcycles are built to last. They withstand harsh environments and rough conditions and often developed fewer faults after several years of use. When they do develop any defects, there’s always an easy solution.
- Availability of spare parts: Even though they’re vintage, it is always easy to source for their spare parts in the market.
Where to Buy Vintage Honda Motorcycles
When I was looking for a vintage Honda motorcycle to buy, it was indeed a struggle. One of the most significant troubles was that many websites that claimed to sell vintage motorcycles didn’t have Honda in stock. Individuals who had old Honda motorcycles for sale couldn’t guarantee that they were in good condition. Most of the motorcycles I found were not impressive, and there wasn’t much hope for restoring them to excellent working condition.
I was lucky to find a Vintage Honda motorcycle – The Honda CB750 in a friend’s dad’s garage. It was in perfect condition and belonged to his dad, who had passed on. I was lucky that my friend was willing to sell such a timeless piece, and when I fueled the motorcycle and hit the road, I could tell by the sound that the stress was worth the value.
So, your story could even be more enjoyable. It is not always easy to find Vintage Honda motorcycles these days. You may have to browse through several websites before you find one in good shape. You may be lucky to discover a classic parked away in barns or garages and forgotten. The great thing about finding a classic Honda motorcycle in your locality is that you may get them at really ridiculous prices. The owner might just be glad to get it off their hands.
However, much to my surprise, while I was looking for one of the spare parts of my Honda Bikes after years of prolonged use, I stumbled on a website called Zecycle. I would discover that they major in the sale of new and used motorcycles of all kinds. They have an incredibly good reputation, and you should check them out.
Cost of Vintage Honda Motorcycles
A vintage Honda motorcycle cost will depend on the motorcycle’s condition, the availability of paperwork, and the original parts still in use. Therefore, a Vintage Honda Motorcycle cost depends on how much the owner thinks it is worth. It isn’t easy to place a particular price range for any Vintage Honda motorcycle.
However, you can get an estimate by visiting sites like Zecycle, NADA Guides site, and the Kelly Blue Book website. You may find guidelines that direct you on what to inspect before you pay for the motorcycle. When you know what the bike is worth, you can make your budget and bargain accordingly.
Vintage Honda Motorcycles You May Be Interested In
- THE HONDA CB750: My all-time favorite. Honda revealed this beauty in 1969, and its performance made an impression in motorcycle history. The CB750 came with advanced brakes, an electric start, flashing turn signals, and many other innovations at the time.
It features a 736cc air-cooled engine that can produce 68horses at 8,500rpm and 44lb-ft of torque at 7,000rpm with top speeds of 125mph. The CB750 is also still a comfortable ride.
- THE HONDA CR125M ELSINORE: This is one of the most sought vintage Honda motorcycles at the moment. It was built for speed, hits top speeds of 6mph, and also has easy maneuverability. Its frame is made of chrome-moly tubing, and the bodywork from plastic. These contributed to its lightweight and made it a remarkably fast ride back in the day.
- THE HONDA CMX250 REBEL: It appeared for the first time back in 1985, and we can say that it made quite an impression. It was built with beginners in mind because the original CMX250 didn’t come with top-range specifications that would frighten a learner. The overall design was cruiser-inspired, but a 250cc engine was armed with a simple five-speed transmission.
- THE HONDA SPORT 90: It made its first appearance in 1964. It has a lightweight and narrow handlebars. The sport 90 was built for speed. It features a 90cc air-cooled engine with a manually operated four-speed transmission.
- THE HONDA CX500: It is probably the most affordable vintage Honda motorcycle in the market. When Honda released this model in the ’70s, it was criticized for its unattractive design, but the CX500 proved to be a very reliable, low-maintenance, and fun-to-drive motorcycle in the long run. It features a 497cc water-cooled, V-twin engine, a unique electric start system, and tubeless tires.
While searching for a vintage Honda bike for sale, you will need patience. And judging by my experience, you will need a dash of luck too. Zecycle is home to most of the exotic Vintage bikes out there, and you can always visit them to get a vintage motorcycle (of all brands and models) in good working condition.