The original symbols, among which it is customary to recognize graphic signs, emblems, as well as all kinds of “icons”, are used, among other things, to denote popular social media resources. A specially developed design, with a focus on the features of the site interface, allows you to profitably position advertised products and promote projects on the Internet. For effective commerce, well-thought-out marketing strategies, advertising, it is more profitable to use creatively composed, but easy-to-understand logos.
All electronic forms of social networks in the system use a personal brand book, where the main provisions of the developed rules for the use of the logo are described in detail. The official document also contains a description of the brand concept, attributes of the social network, the specifics of the target audience and indicates the positioning policy of the electronic resource in the selected segment of activity.
The main specificity of logos: symbols to increase awareness and quick recognition of the company in society
Associativity plays an important role in the perception of the necessary information among the huge flow of the Internet. This is due to certain symbols and attributes of the business. Therefore, designations, monograms, “equipment”, original images, pictures, and “icons”:
- often play a role in marketing and advertising, allowing you to significantly save time and money on the search for the target audience (CA);
- are used for promoted projects in business for competently building communications with real and potential consumers;
- help the harmonious development of the company as a whole, as can be seen in the example of the Instagram logo, which at the very beginning had an image of a simple and realistic camera in brown tones, which was designed to attract the interest of the target audience – mainly, the bets were made on photographers.
Over time, the social network Instagram, which started back in 2010, has constantly evolved. Studying in more detail the main needs of the target audience and the market as a whole, the brand comprehended the fact that it is worth revising its policy. And already in 2016, having formed a more flexible system for promoting the project, changing the approach to identity, the social network decided to adjust the corporate identity.
Assessing how diverse the target audience is, the Instagram social network has changed the approach to logo positioning. The company today is focused not only on the needs of generation Y (millennials) born in the period 1981-1996 but also generation Z – people born in the period from the second half of the 1990s. through the first half of the 2010s. The logo or “icon” of Instagram is presented as a multicolor version, as well as used in a democratic black and white design solution.
Using popular social media icons
According to the current and generally accepted rules:
- the minimum size of an Instagram “icon” is 29×29 pixels;
- there should be free space around the Instagram icon – at least ½ of the social network logo;
- used logos are not allowed: change, rotate or mirror;
- to use symbols on the site, download, including if you need the original Facebook logo, it is important to indicate the type “Online”;
- to print a logo on packaging, use attributes in TV projects or cinematography, you will first need to officially request additional permission from the administration of the portal of the social network selected by the user.
Facebook symbols for Internet resources are used on a blue background with the white letter “f”. If it is not possible to set a standard version of the attributes, the social network Facebook allows you to use a black and white and gray version of a two-color image. For free space at the location of the “insert” of this logo, the minimum is set – from ¼ of the size of the traditional image of the emblem.