Companies dealing with inventory management can have a crucial benefit from utilizing the check-in/check-out software and enhancing the organization and expansion of the process. It will allow keeping data consistent through all the processes and connect various tasks into a smooth workflow.
Let us dive deeper into the essence of this kind of software. Companies pick the items that will be tagged and tracked. Each asset is given a QR Code for efficient monitoring and unique tracking. QR Codes, in comparison to their plastic or metal prototypes, can be adult attached and removed, are temper evident. Assets can be present by tools or vehicles. They are of the utmost importance for construction, rental, and manufacturing units. The organization ensures that assets are scanned-in/-off and gather the needed data from different checkpoints.
Items can be linked to:
-employee identification cards
-codes of security
-various interval membership cards
QR codes allow storing and easily access the needed valuable data by simply scanning the item. One can also trace the movement of the items and their returns. Moreover, it allows avoiding asset loss and misplacement.
Advantages of check-in/check-out software
It is possible to record everything manually is possible, however too time-consuming. Thus, using quick automatized methods will be quite beneficial for any organization.
Here is the list of the biggest advantages of check-in/check-out software:
- Ability to avoid theft. Assets get tags and are assigned to a certain department or employee. The software notifies employees about the item movement or return.
- Increased employee productivity. It considerably cuts the need to search the necessary info manually. They can find the asset needed to perform the job. As they are always located in the needed place. Thus, it cuts the time and increases productivity both of employees and organization overall.
- Better maintenance. The software allows scheduling the maintenance of the items and equipment. It also enables tracking the records of maintenance.
- Performance indicators provide measurable goals.
- Each employee can access data in accordance with the allowed security level.
- GPS-based tracking. It enables smoother workflow movement and general operations.
- Reports. You eliminate the paperwork thus saving time and resources check-in/check-out software enables you to automatize the processes through in-built algorithms. Moreover, it helps to track the records and create customized reports improving the overall workflow.
The main aim of QR code software is the extraction of valuable data to make your organization more data-driven, track items’ lifecycle, monitor the core metrics.
Other benefits of check-in/check-out software:
- Automated processes of scheduling
- Track of employee’s come and go
- Quick and simple set up
- Instant capture of data
- Streaming of tech info to databases
- Efficient inventory management
- Rational spend of expenses with predicted maintenance periods
- Improved customer service
- Extracted data for comparison
Possible problems of check-in/check-out software supplies by the wrong vendor
Inventory disorganization is one of the core problems faced even by successful entrepreneurs. It may be caused by the lack of systems check and assets balance. Utilization of the wrong tools only wastes the time of the entrepreneurs and causes long-term negative impacts.
Here are possible problems that can be caused by the wrong software:
- Internal fraud. Without solid software, one cannot control such issues, and the losses can be up to $60 billion.
- Inaccurate data reports. Manual documentation increases the chances for errors.
- Vendor fraud. Having no control over external and internal operations as well as complex supply chains increases the possibility of inventory loss through fraudulent activities.
To optimize the inventory organization and avoid major risks one can:
- Create custom labels for better asset management. Multiple departments acquire specific item management in accordance with needs. QR Code software allows creating customized tags for necessary inventory items and locating them in the necessary department.
- Track location and achieve data transparency. Employees can relocate the items that are needed on the other locations and arises the need to keep track of such items. Check-in and check-out software can track the inventory movement and reduce the probability of fraud by maintaining strict checks on item usage.
- Frequent audits. Regular audits allow tracing the business plan progress and success. Through audits check-in and check-out software help to spot weaknesses in operations, improve accounting, forecast future trends and attain regulatory compliance.