Since you are on this post, you probably googled “affordable electrician near me” (Actually, we ain’t stalking you, but we understand how Google works, that’s all.) We understand you don’t need an electrician. You want a service provider with experience, integrity, expertise, and affordability. That means looking for an electrician who will not rip you off and do a shoddy job.
Here are the tips for choosing an affordable electrician near you.
Read Online Reviews
Once you search “affordable electrician near me,” you will come across many listings labeled as ads and sponsored. These brands paid to appear on top of the search engine results. However, that doesn’t mean you should overlook them. Many electricians purchase google ads often.
Instead of worrying about the paid ads or even in the order in which these search engine results show up, check out the reviews and ratings. Companies can’t pay google for high ratings, and this search engine strives to eliminate fake reviews and spam. Therefore, if you find a company with a good start rating and positive response from clients, you can trust the reviews are trustworthy and legitimate.
Research the Companies’ Website
Pick at least five electrical companies with high ratings on google and visit their official websites. Search for responses to queries such as:
- Are the electricians licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Do they hire journeymen, master electricians, or apprentices? If you cannot determine who they will be sent to your house, make sure you ask about it when you call them for the quote.
- If you have an unusual or specialized issue, do they have vast experience to fix it?
- Do they provide convenient scheduling?
- Do they offer a warranty or guarantee on their services?
- Do they have financing alternatives for larger projects?
Visit the Companies’ FaceBook Profiles
Search for your potential service provider on Facebook. This is where you will get the sense of a brand’s commitment to its clients.
- Find out if their Facebook reviews are as good as their reviews on google
- Do they give negative reviews? How did they handle it?
- You can ask your Facebook friends whom they recommend and if they have experience with service providers you want to hire.
Many electricians will let you request a quote online. However, it’s good to take a phone and call them as this will help you get a sense of how professional and personable the expert is. It’s important to get the quotes for the sake of comparison and request a breakdown of all expenses. Remember that the least expensive option is never the best option. Price is one of the many factors to consider when selecting an affordable electrician near me.
Check BBB Ratings
Assuming you are content with a brand’s Facebook or Google reviews, you probably won’t find negative reviews on the BBB website. However, it is worth checking to be confident and have peace of mind.