If you are looking for some fun time during the weekend, then Wet n Joy Waterpark is the best place for a getaway. Located near Shirdi, the waterpark is known for its thrilling rides and amazing food. Go for a full day outing with friends or family, and make some unforgettable memories.
Let’s go: Wet n Joy
After working for a whole week, you sure deserve a break. Although I had already explored several scenic weekend getaways from Pune, I hadn’t got a chance to visit the Wet n Joy Waterpark. My local friends had nothing but praises about the attraction. So, I decided to give it a shot.
I booked an affordable cab from Pune to Shirdi. My friends and I were all packed and ready to leave. There was no traffic, and it took us less than two hours to get there.
The attractions at Wet N Joy
That waterpark appeared to be quite lovely from the outside. We entered inside and headed towards the ticket counter. Wet N Joy has 24+ water slides divided into three categories: Family, Thrill, and Kids. The waterpark is a popular enjoyment area for both kids and adults, with various pleasure slides, water slides, a fun zone, and a large food court.
Awe-Inspiring rides of Wet n Joy
After seeing so many amazing rides, we could not stop ourselves from trying them. Let me tell you about the popular rides in the waterpark.
- Thunder waves: I decided to try Thunder Waves first. Its most notable characteristic is that it uses 8 lakh gallons of water, making it India’s largest artificial wave.
- Tornado rides: Then we went to the Tornado rides, which were much more thrilling because of their twists and turns.
- Master blaster: The slide itself is quite iconic. Plunge through a 700-foot wibbly ride with open and covered passages.
- Royal Castle: Royal Castle is an aqua fun centre for kids of all ages with jet water pistols and kid-sized slides.
- Lazy river: I was exhausted from riding so many incredible rides, so I decided to attempt the Lazy River Ride. All you have to do on this ride is sit in cold water and go with the flow.
Aside from these, there were several spectacular slides, including Skyfall, Boomerango, and Mat Racer. I didn’t get to try all of the rides, but I had a great time.
My all-time favourite ride
All the rides are amazing, but Funnel Ride was my favourite ride because the twists and swirls were so fun. Take a thrilling journey through a series of twists and turns with this ride. The waterpark’s vista, as well as the rides, were both very enjoyable.
It was already evening. The day passed by in a blink of an eye, and it was time to head home. The trip turned out to be a day packed with unlimited fun with friends. Our ride for the return trip was at the gate to receive us. On the way back, we enjoyed a relaxed drive back home, exhausted from the day’s activities.
For anyone traveling to Shirdi to visit the iconic Shirdi Sai Baba Temple, I will recommend setting a day aside for the Wet N Joy Waterpark to have a delightful day outing with family and kids. Given that it is only 55 km from Pune, you book reliable car rentals in Pune with a local driver and enjoy a scenic road trip to the park.