According to statistics, more than half of the sales occur in the online segment in the modern world. Moreover, about 27% of customers find out about products or services through online ads. And, experts say that this percentage will even increase soon.
Therefore, advertisers all over the world are interested in placing advertisements only on effective websites. Even though every advertiser is continuously looking for the right placements, it is still tough to understand if the resource in front of you is worth investing in.
This means that even if your page is capable of a solid partnership with someone, you also need to make sure that your potential partners are able to realize it.
One of the best ways of telling the world about your website and traffic is to establish a media kit.
What is a Media Kit?
Media Kit is a particular page on your website where advertisers can learn more about your traffic. It may include various datasets, like:
- The volume of a traffic
- Distribution of your audience by geo, device, browser.
- Specifications and formats of your ad spots.
- Other datapoints that matter to advertisers.
So, the decision to add a media kit is definitely the right one. Let’s continue by learning how also it can be useful for you in terms of income-generating aspects.
Features of having a media kit
In theory, everything works relatively easily – an advertiser visits your website, and if he’s interested in placing ads there, he starts to look for some more information about your traffic.
Usually, he may try to contact you directly to ask about the information he’s interested in. However, not all advertisers are so persuasive, and a significant percentage of them will just bounce as it often happens.
But, when you have a media kit – a page where all of their questions are answered in advance – the situation changes drastically.
Now, instead of losing those “bounced” partners and responding to the most persuasive ones, you have an absolutely new tool for handling this stuff.
All of the media-buyers, advertising agencies, independent brokers, and networks will be able to see how your traffic is aligned with their needs within a few minutes and without a single email.
As we said, everything is so easy in theory, and a media kit is a solution that helps to make everything easy in real life as well.
What are the other aspects where media kit can be useful?
We’ve discussed only one particular example of a situation where a media kit becomes a crucial thing. However, there are lots of other cases when you might feel like you also need one. Here they are:
- The media kit itself is a vivid indicator that shows your readiness to work with ad vendors and advertisers directly.
- More than that, it demonstrates that you have all the needed technical tools for decent cooperation in terms of selling direct traffic.
- It is a perfect way to highlight the seriousness of your resource and your personal reliability. In other words, it’s some sort of evidence that you’re able to do business. (And that matters)
The list is full of essential things, and there is no one that can be determined as optional. The paradigm changes just in front of us, and you probably need to hurry up with establishing your media kit to keep up with the market’s standards.
How can I create a media kit? (Deathly hard way)
You need to:
- Learn HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP (or any other language for backend)
- Create a webpage, adding graphs, charts, and tables that will be pulling data from your website’s database.
- Add the page to your website and make it visible for your visitors.
Bet you’ve expected something else… And, of course, this is not an instruction. We just wanted to demonstrate how rough it might be if you’re not aware of the right tools.
In the past, media kits were used only by huge media holdings and large websites. Also, developers and geeks are capable of creating one too.
But the new reality is – Adspyglass made it available to everyone.
Creating a media kit with AdSpyglass Media Kit Maker (Lemon-pie way)
Now let’s look at the real instruction.
This one does not require any technical skills and helps you get a media kit with just a few clicks.
- The first step is to sign up at the AdSpyglass page. You may also want to read more about Media Kit Maker on the dedicated landing page. Link
- Then you need to go through a quick configuration process. It’s required to establish a connection between your website, your Ad Network account, and the AdSpyglass system.
- After the configuration has been made, you need to literally just press three buttons, and your media kit is ready to go.
- When the media kit is already created, you may also apply some design changes to ensure it corresponds with your website’s layout.
That’s it. That instruction is far more straightforward, and now you definitely know what to do.
Another Important Thing about AdSpyglass
While AdSpyglass Media Kit maker is a powerful instrument itself, AdSpyglass is mostly known as an ad network mediation system that may double your ad networks’ profits.
The platform also offers you statistics, reports, and convenient billing solutions.
What is significantly important is that it allows you to slice your traffic according to the advertiser’s requests, while everything else can be sold to ad networks.
That means that even if you’re struggling with direct advertisers for some time, AdSpyglass will still increase your profit.
The company handles all of the reports, analytical letters, statistics, billing — everything. You just need to run your website!
Online advertising is changing; new and effective solutions appear every day.
To stay afloat and keep making money in the industry, you need always to try to be one step ahead of others. The AdSpyglass Mediation System and their Media Kit Maker are good examples of innovative tools that help you step out of the competition.
Stay true, positive, and healthy!
Leave a Reply