There are a lot of debates revolving around duct cleaning Brampton. However, with all those different opinions out there, what should, as a homeowner believe?
That is why here at Comfort clean have decided to pen down some of the essential things homeowners must be aware of concerning duct cleaning Brampton. Continue reading below to get more insights into this subject.
When Should You Consider Duct Cleaning Brampton?
1.In Case Of Substantial Mould Inside Or Outside Your AC Ducts
When it comes to mould detection, there are some things you should know:
- Some parts of your HVAC system may be inaccessible for inspection. In this case, tell your technician to show you the mould he claims to exist in your HVAC system.
- You should know that it is not easy to determine whether a substance is a mould unless an expert carries out lab analysis and confirms that.
- If the ducts in your home are insulated, and the insulation gets chipped or wet and cannot be cleaned well, it is recommended to replace it.
- If the conditions that are resulting in the growth of the mould are not properly addressed, the same problem will reoccur.
If you notice vermin such as insects and rodents in your ducts, you should consider Brampton duct cleaning. The rodent waster and fluff can cause health issues to your family members.
It is not hard to know that you need duct cleaning Brampton when you see clogged ducts. Clogged ducts mean that there is a build-up of debris and dust in the ducts, leaving little space.
Some experts claim that by cleaning your air ducts, you can increase the efficiency of your HVAC system and reduce your energy consumption. Nevertheless, there is no evidence to support this claim.
4.Choosing The Right Duct Cleaning Service Provider
When it comes to selecting the right duct cleaning providers, you need to do your research and follow the process. If you assume that all duct cleaning service providers know what they do and are responsible, you might end up losing your money and getting shoddy services.
Reach out to at least three different providers and know what they charge for their services. When they come to your home, ask them why they would like to clean your ducts. Tell them to show you the contamination that may necessitate cleaning of your air ducts.
- If the duct cleaning Brampton service provider keep claiming the reasons for cleaning your ducts is for your own health benefits, look elsewhere. Such claims don’t have footing. On the same breath, don’t consider duct cleaning providers who emphasise on cleaning your ducts to increase the energy efficiency of your home.
- Do not allow the duct cleaners to use chemical treatments or chemical biocides unless you know more about such chemicals.
- Ask for references from the client to know about the experience of other customers who worked with the company before.
- Interview the service providers to know whether:
- They have sufficient experience in duct cleaning Brampton.
- They have laid down procedures to ensure you, your pets and property are protected during the cleaning process.
- They adhere to NADCA’s air duct cleaning standards.
- Ask whether they have the relevant licenses.
- If they offer their services based on hours worked, ask to know the approximate number of hours that they will work.
5.What To Expect During Brampton Duct Cleaning
- They should open access ports so that the whole system is cleaned.
- Inspect the HVAC system to make sure there are no harmful materials such as asbestos.
- Use a vacuum that blows dust outside of the home.
- Cover your household furnishings and carpet during cleaning.
- Protect ductwork from damage, including re-sealing any access hole the service provider may have created to access some parts of the ductwork.
- Adhere to NADCA’s regulations for air duct cleaning Brampton.