PMO directors use Microsoft Project Online to oversee and coordinate projects with their company’s business objectives in mind. However, there are various reasons why they may want to migrate their data to a new tenant or Project Server. Luckily, a tool known as FluentBooks dramatically facilitates the migration of Microsoft Project Online. Read on to learn more about an efficient MS Project Online Migration approach.
Manual Project Online Migration: How to Export Microsoft Project to Excel
One way to migrate Microsoft Project Online is manually. Follow these steps to export your project to Excel:
- Go to project.microsoft.com and open the desired project.
- Select Export to Excel from the menu by clicking the three dots (…) in the upper right corner.
- You will then receive a message to show that the export is complete.
Another way for migration is MS Project Online export to mpp. However, these manual methods are complex and time-consuming.
Project Online Migration Can be Challenging
Project Online migration is complex for PMO directors and IT administrators, especially when migrating hundreds of projects and years’ worth of data. This kind of migration results in challenges:
- Manual migration is time-consuming and prone to errors.
- Hundreds of projects are typically moved during migrations, each with a unique complexity.
- It takes a systematic approach to administer PWAs. After moving from the cloud to on-premises, managing PWA settings and ensuring all data is correctly moved can be challenging.
- MS Project migration is a complex process that requires additional help.
PMO directors and IT administrators need a dependable solution for Project Online migration. FluentPro FluentBooks is among the best tools that ensure a seamless and automated Microsoft Project Online migration.
How FluentBooks Ensures Successful Project Online Migration
FluentPro provides advanced FluentBooks migration software equipped with extensive automated functionalities for migrating PWA, SharePoint, historical data, and projects to a new Project Online tenant or Project Server.
FluentBooks’ in-built automation capacity helps businesses reduce routine and manual work and streamline, minimize, and eradicate manual migration difficulties. The solution’s flexibility lets users choose between complete and selective migration processes.
FluentPro FluentBooks streamlines the processes of configuration management, migration, and data administration, enabling teams to implement optimal project migration methodologies. This tool offers numerous capabilities:
- Project Online migration to MS Project Server.
- Project Server Migration to Microsoft Project Online.
- Migrate from one Project Online or Project Server instance to another.
- Upgrade the Project Server version.
- Migrate SharePoint and project site content.
In addition, FluentPro FluentBooks provides some administration capabilities:
- Edit projects, custom fields, and lookup tables in bulk.
- Publish projects in bulk.
- Configuration documentation.
- Configuration audit.
Why Businesses Should Embrace FluentPro FluentBooks
With dependable third-party technology like FluentBooks to lean on, PMO directors and IT administrators can overcome significant hurdles with MS Project Online migration. As a result, these companies typically need more accurate migration, which affects ROI. The best method to maximize project performance and avoid migration issues is the usage of FluentBooks.
The Benefits of Using FluentPro FluentBooks for Your Business
- Time-saved on migration and configuration management.
- Effortlessly move your PPM initiatives across Microsoft Project Online and Project Server.
- Enjoy sped-up business operations’ agility, mobility, scalability, and flexibility while eliminating manual migration.
- Improved project completion and ensured timely migration to different platforms.
- Robust administrative features for Project Online save businesses time and help focus efforts on achieving mission-critical goals.
- FluentBooks supports data security by ensuring a thorough and accurate MS Project Online migration.
Choose FluentBooks for successful Project Online migration without any errors and with minimum effort.