Montessori education is a one-of-a-kind system that fosters kids in a vibrant learning atmosphere, rather than a formal one, using the most up-to-date teaching methods. Montessori is a place where kids’ interests are piqued and developed, new activities are learned. Educators establish Torrance Montessori school education based on beliefs and classroom experiences.
Children are taught by Montessori-certified instructors who encourage kids to be self-assured, independent, and enthusiastic about learning.
What Are the Benefits of Montessori Education for a Child?
In a supportive and well-structured learning environment, children are sculpted to demonstrate an interest in obtaining knowledge and proficiency in beginning learning. So, let’s understand some of the benefits of Montessori Education.
- The Montessori technique foregoes the traditional grading system to allow kids to pick the activity they like.
- Students are exposed to various activities at a young age that helps them hone their talent, become independent, and develop creative, critical thinking, intellectual, and problem-solving skills.
- Montessori education guides students toward better interaction and collaboration with excellent learning materials.
- Students acquire interpersonal skills and broaden their learning horizons through group discussions and interactive activities.
- Students are exposed to child-centered classrooms in Montessori education, where they are held accountable for their learnings and provided opportunities to practice, review, and grow based on their interests.
- Montessori education promotes self-evaluation and self-correction in children, allowing them to overcome mistakes on their own. It is a knowledge powerhouse that helps youngsters develop coordination, independence, and concentration. Exclusive learning tools, a regular schedule, and well-structured classrooms allow children to self-educate about their learning.
- Students learn to connect with and receive support from their older classmates in the Montessori classroom, which helps them become community members and instills values such as sharing, respecting, assisting, and cooperating.
What Are The Magnitudes Of Child Development?
In Village Park Montessori, the educators observed physical development milestones in each child, such as crawling, walking, talking, and so on. But, observing mental development milestones is more complicated, so we divide it into four stages: absorbent mind, reasoning mind, social consciousness, and transition into adulthood.
From birth until the age of six, young minds are sensitive, and parents must nurture them at this point. Let’s delve a little more into these four stages:
The four separate stages of development are crucial phases between infancy and early adulthood. These developmental periods encompass both physical and psychological changes, and education systems should be designed to guarantee that students get the most out of their education. Let’s understand each stage briefly.
The Absorbent Mind
Children go through the absorbent mind period between the age of birth to 6 years. Children have a fresh and delicate mind at this age, and they are eager to learn and absorb everything around them. They aspire for physical independence at this age and attempt to absorb information from everyone and everything.
The Montessori curriculum is developed with learning tools that allow children to freely explore activities without the interference of teachers at this time. Movement, toileting, language, music, reading, writing, order, grace, and other activities are planned.
The Reasoning Mind
This stage of development occurs in childhood when children are between the ages of 6 and 12 years. The kids are transitioning from a sensitive era to thinking logically and abstractly at this point. Children here are more imaginative, philosophical, and like being in a group.
They begin to think about society and desire to learn more practical math, science, and history courses. In this stage, Montessori education is delivered through well-designed classrooms in which children learn social skills by cooperating and assisting their younger colleagues. They can master practical subjects in-depth with the help and supervision of teachers.
The Evolution of Social Consciousness
Adolescence is a duration in a child’s life when physical and psychological changes are noticeable. The discovery made here was that kids have less energy to achieve academics than in earlier stages.
As a result, the focus of development should be on developing abilities that will help them make a seamless transition to adulthood. Adolescents are encouraged to participate in cooking, making furniture, and sewing as part of their Montessori education, which helps them collaborate better and become more autonomous.
Transition To Adulthood
It is the most crucial stage of adolescent development when the adolescent approaches adulthood, and this plan of action is for adults aged 18 to 24 years. During this stage of development, they pick a life course, such as a job or anything else that would help them succeed. Adults who have successfully passed through earlier developmental phases have lived a satisfying life at this level.
When children are allowed the freedom to study and explore new things at their speed and time, they thrive. There are resources in Montessori education that go beyond reading and writing. Montessori students are more confident, autonomous, and self-assured and possess outstanding traits such as assisting others, gratitude for elders, and compassion for everyone. By blending traditional and current teaching approaches, the Global Montessori Plus methodology promotes children’s overall development.