Air compressors are useful devices for daily activities for ranges of the profession. These machines are used to drive pneumatic (pneumatic) instruments and are usually found in sectors such as engineering, technology, automotive, decoration, and construction.
We will briefly describe how to use the Porter-Cable air compressor in this post. Porter-Cable is the most common brands of air compressors on the market nowadays, so demonstrating the installation, use, and maintenance of an air compressor will all be details here.
How To Use Porter Cable Air Compressor
Depending on the purpose, they are available in different shapes and sizes. In terms of scale, industrial goods are big and design for heavy use. While that of home use is light in weight, compact in design, and small in size. The Porter-Cable air compressor develops the most compact and lightweight design compressor.
Because of the noise they produce from the beginning, many individuals are a little hesitant to use this powerful device. The tool sound because their engines work to store and compress air for use. Often at start-up, the loud sound is heard.
There are amazingly secure Porter air cable compressors. They are actually more stable than many other controllers for power tools. As always, when using a power tool, it is essential to follow the safety rules and manufacturer instructions.
Before we move on, it’s important to point out the items needed for the effective use of the air device.
- You need a wrench adjustable;
- Plumber’s tape;
- Air compressors kits;
- Compressor hose for air;
- Electric circuit of 115 volts;
- Glasses for protection,
- And other safety kits.
9 Step By Step Guide
- On the Air Compressor, locate the knob. Normally, it is position nearly to the air outlet. Turn the knob counterclockwise all the way to lock it fully.
- Link the air hose with the compressor. The installation of the air pipe is based on the compressor configuration. But to do this, there are two essential ways. You may mount it to the exit door directly or use a fast-connect bracket.
- Turn the compressor switch to make sure (usually in the off position) it is facing up.
- Place the port of the air compressor in the correct circuit, suitable for the compressor. Normally, a 15 amp circuit is enough for the compressor.
- Switch on / off the power switch to the automatic level. This will fill the tank of the air compressor. Don’t be afraid of the weather. It automatically turns off when the air pressure exceeds the pressure switch’s maximum flow rate.
- Attach your device to the compressor pipe on the other side. Hold the button on the pressure regulator and, until the pressure gauge senses the right pressure on your air tool, keep turning clockwise.
- You’re almost there. You can use the tools now for anything you’ve worried of. Switch the power switch off when you are done with the air compressor.
- The next thing is to open the drain valve at the bottom of the compressor tank, is to vent the air. Turn the screw counterclockwise to do so.
- Finally, for later use, remove the compressor cable from the connector and store it properly.
For Safety Purpose A Few Things You Need To Bear In Mind.
Do not ignore the manual.
While using a wire door compressor is extremely simple, it is very important that you read the manual and carefully follow the safety instructions. For most models, the above instructions will work, but it is necessary to remember that every air compressor is configured differently. Through reading the manual, you will prevent injuries.
Make sure that the connection closes correctly.
Make sure the connection between the hose and the tool is fully waterproof when not using a fast coupler. You must use plumbing tape and a socket wrench to keep the tool tightly to the pipe to seal the connection fully. Plumbing tape leads to a secure seal that is hermetically sealed.
Significant precautions regarding the protection
All heavy devices should be handled with care. At high velocity, the compressor blasts air. That is why you have to protect your eyes from flying debris through wearing safety glasses. A protective glove is essential too.
When working with an air compressor, avoid loose clothes. Loose clothes are often tangled and are very dangerous.
Your workshop needs to be clean and well ventilated. Make sure no hanging cables are available. Do not use it outdoors if the Porter cable air compressor is not designed for outdoor use.
Prevent Your tool from getting rust
When the air compressor is rust, it is highly hazardous. Rust will weaken and cause the cylinders to burst! In a damp, dust-free spot, store the air compressor. Prior to use, carefully check for rust or corrosion of the compressor always. Fortunately, most porter cable air compressors are manufactured from non-corrosive materials.
It is necessary to unpack the compressor and discharge all the compressed air inside after use. During storage, if the compressor tank is complete, it can weaken and thus be damaged.
For better sealing, pipes and fittings must be clean. Also, search for soil or clogged hoses and other openings before usage. Daily maintenance guarantees that you are protecting your power tool to render you a service for a long time.
Here we’ve come to the end of this article. So if you are planning to purchase or you’ve already purchased your power tools, but you don’t how to use it. Follow the above guide for easy and smooth usage. Note that, you can air compressor for ranges of work, but many people usually use it to power their pneumatic tools. Its usability and reliability make it a tool for anyone either as a DIY lover or an industry worker.
Porter-cable air compressors are made of unique and high-quality materials this implies that you only need to buy this flexible and robust tool once and you will be enjoying the exceptional service it will render for you. By using it responsibly we benefit you incredible.