Homeowners at times are disturbed by the bird infestations in their house’s gardens and backyards. It can create a nuisance around the house and lead to considerable damage as well. Hence, as a protective gear, many homeowners today are opting in for bird spikes.
It is essential to know that these spikes don’t hurt the birds or stray pigeons on your rooftop or walls. Instead, it just prevents the pigeons from landing on the surfaces. And it is safe to use bird spikes manufactured by a leading service provider that caters to all the manufacturing requirements and compliance regulations. However, it is necessary to ensure that you implement these spikes correctly. The pointers below can help:
- First, you need to clear the area where you want to stick the spike. Make sure that it is dry, clean, and doesn’t have any pigeon droppings. Cleaning the rooftop is essential.
- You need to squeeze the bird spike silicone to the bird spike base.
- Go on and stick the base level along with the ledge or pipe edge. It is perfect for allowing the spike pins to overhang slightly. You can press the base firmly to help the glue come out via the small holes.
- When the gap right behind the initial spike is more than 2 ½ inches, the birds can get behind it. You might need to place another spikes row in this space for blocking it.
- For all the wide ledges, there are three or more spike rows that are essential. It is necessary to ensure that the rows gap is not wider than 2 ½ inches.
- There are groves on the spike base that can snap inside the segments to fit in the small gaps.
- It is an essential guideline that you need to remember! The spikes will prevent the birds and stray pigeons from sitting atop the ledge. But just in case there’s a cavity in your house’s exterior right behind the bird spikes or hole in the eaves, the birds can force their way and get past the spikes initiative to reach that role. Just by placing a bird spike in front of a cavity or hole will not stop pigeons. All these efforts should get done to block access in the space or gap. It is possible to seal this hole using a wire mesh.
- It is essential to make all efforts to spike every possible landing site. The pigeons can get landed on the minutest pipe and ledge piece—the snap spikes inside the parts for finishing off the rows and spike the small pipes.
- Lastly, all the window cleaners, scaffolders, contractors on the ladders, decorators, and painters come with the habit of breaking the spikes. It would be best if you warmed them to damage the points while the work is getting done. And when a bird spike gets damaged, you need to replace the same at the earliest.
These are some of the essential guidelines that you need to follow while installing the bird spike. You can either do it all by yourself or can ask the service provider to guide you. Make sure that you follow the steps and are clear about it before implementing it.