Video content is ruling the world of social media. Instagram that once has been solely a photo platform is now positioning videos as the most engaging content. Even having limits for upload, video content is embracing Instagram to the fullest, remaining a serious competitor to the newly bloomed Tik Tok.
So one of the initial questions that concern bloggers is how to make a video that would bring your engagement rate to the possible maximum. Probably one of the thoughts is to get some Instagram views on diamond-views.com, but there are also some valuable techniques and practices for that. In this article, they will be revealed to you!
PAY ATTENTION TO THE TECHNICAL DETAILS
Modern users are demanding. This comes from a massive variety of content that is exposed in every industry. Therefore, it is essential to stand out and for your content to have value. It could help to gain more attention if you came with a unique content idea. For example, to have topical days. Every Saturday morning to post insights into your social media career. But most importantly, to improve your chances to be noticed and appreciated, you should take care of your video quality and technical features. This matter requires investments, but this is not what should stop you – you don’t need to buy a professional camera anymore because nowadays smartphones offer a decent shooting quality. But you would still have to spend some budget and time on things like:
- Avoiding shot trembling. The “Shaking Hand” technique is suitable only for teenage horror movies. For compelling content, your camera has to remain steady. The best decision here would be to buy a tripod. A cheaper solution is to secure a flat, steady place for your elbows. In extreme situations – your knees can do the trick.
- Use natural light everywhere it is possible. The ability to create cool video material is connected with the knowledge of perfect shooting time. Natural mild daylight is the most complimenting kind of light, especially if your subject is a living being. Its secret is simple – natural light doesn’t produce deep black shadows and overwhelming white flares. Depending on the idea and composition, you are welcome to introduce bright sunlight or smoky twilight. Still, you must understand the specifics of these periods and camera abilities to capture what you need.
- Pay attention to the quality material. Instagram has a limit for video’s length – it can be no longer than 1 minute. So, to catch the most engagement, squeeze your content into that limit. Yes, IGTV is a good option, but it is not as engaging as standard feed footage can be.
- Experiment with light sources and shooting angles. To find popularity on Instagram, you must demonstrate the out-of-the-box type of thinking. It attracts many users and helps you to maintain your engagement rate.
IMPROVE AESTHETICS AND DESIGN
Visuals are highly important. And the look of your footage is what will retain your audience. People associate highly aesthetic videos with professionalism so that they would evaluate your content better. Also, your visual design increases your recognition and helps to stand out from the competition in your niche.
The main instruments to create the desired image on Instagram would be filtered. Nowadays, it is not recommended to use basic filters that offer Instagram app. You should choose one of the popular editing apps or programs – production of Adobe company, or mobile apps like InShot or PREQUEL.
- Stick to a couple of filters to create an iconic look that will be associated with your production.
- Remember that the purpose of filters and editing is to set a certain mood. Choose a concrete filter for each type of content you make.
- Periodically introduce something fresh to shake your audience a bit.
- Avoid too much “tuning” for your body and face features. The truth about your complexion will be revealed easily, and the situation can get embarrassing. Besides, showing real human bodies is the main trend in the latest years.
- To increase recognition, add branding details to your films – logo, specific font, merchandise.
TELL A STORY
Even the perfectly shot content is getting you nowhere if it has no purpose and story behind it. People are searching for sense in each video and picture, so this is what you have to give them. If your content is merely aesthetic, you should still implement a certain idea into it. Even the most glorious beauty is lost without having a subject.
So each video you upload has to be saying something to the viewer. As a matter of fact, it has to resonate with your followers to get the most engagement possible.
- Make every second useful to show the sense of your video
- Divide your material into three basic units – beginning, core, and ending, to create a finished story and put logic to it.
- Add captions or subs if necessary – by default Instagram is playing videos silently, and many users aren’t turning the sound on – they feel more comfortable with silent playback.
- Make a second-long pause at the end of your video – IG is looping videos, so having a short blank will help the user to keep track video’s beginning and ending.
CONCENTRATE ON DETAILS
This point is connected with all previous ones. The key to engaging video content on Instagram is being attentive and careful, even with the briefest details. This matter is extremely important for product and merchandise shooting – when you give a close-up to the small parts of the subject, it is a sign of professionalism for your viewers.
- Always compliment your main subject with small things that will enhance the mood you want to create
- Provide the best quality for your small additions. However, sometimes simple, cheap things from the nearest convenience store come in great help.
- Think of unusual position and usage for basic stuff we all see every day.
- You can make DIY props that look childish and really handmade in the worst sense of this term for vines and other comic stuff. This practice can be used to stress the joke.