PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising plays an important role in determining the success of online businesses. It is an integral part of a successful digital marketing campaign. More often than not, small business owners are not able to understand how beneficial PPC can be and they end up missing out on this amazing opportunity to increase their business growth. PPC advertising, through Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter promoted tweets, and Bing Ads can help companies promote their services and reach potential customers fast.
What is Pay Per Click Advertising?
Also known as PSA (Paid Search Advertising), PPC is a component of SEM (Search Engine Marketing). When combined with other components of SEO, it can help companies in targeting people through search engines who are trying to find some general information or a product to buy.
As the name suggests, an advertiser only has to pay for the ad when someone clicks on it. Over the years, the PPC model has evolved a lot. With options like CPA (when a click results in conversion) or CPM (pay per thousand impressions), small businesses have a multitude of options. The aim of using PPC is to reach targeted audiences by specifying who will be seeing the ads. This is done by either entering specific demographic characteristics or keywords. That is why it is important for businesses to get acquainted with PPC. Here are the other benefits business owners can enjoy by getting PPC training:
1. It can be cost-effective
It is a common misconception that PPC campaigns are costly. And if the companies are not careful, they might end up spending a lot of money and not getting any real results. However, by following a few simple rules, businesses can make their campaign profitable:
- Start slow and grow big – Don’t put all the money on the first campaign. Start with a small one and spend more money depending on the results. There are several factors that can be used for measuring the impressions the ads are receiving such as clicks on the ads, visits to the website, and conversion. Businesses need to study these numbers before spending more money.
- Try to lower the CPC costs – Businesses need to optimize their PPC campaign and lower their CPC costs to achieve more with less money. Think of PPC like SEO where optimization is a fundamental concept.
- Increase the budget if it’s profitable – Increase the budget on campaigns that are generating profits and not on the ones that are not. When the business has just started, investing in a non-profitable campaign is normal. But, in the long run, investing money without a positive return is considered a waste.
2. It can get results fast
Managing online business requires traffic. But, this traffic should be targeted so that it leads to more sales. SEO can bring targeted traffic to the website but it takes time. So, the best alternative businesses have is PPC. PPC Traffic converts 50% higher as compared to organic traffic. Google Ads gives the option of selecting keywords to show the ads which appear on top of the search results in Google. For Facebook ads, businesses can define their target audience on the basis of facebook’s demographic characteristics. The success of a website depends on the quality of the products, highly converting landing pages, and highly optimized PPC campaigns.
SEO can help businesses with PPC optimization and conversion optimization. However, SEO alone is not enough for helping the business grow fast. It might take months or even years to get in targeted traffic through SEO while PPC gives instant results.
3. It is the easiest way to test your strategy
PPC is the easiest way for businesses to test if their product sells. For the test, companies can run a campaign through Google Adwords, get about 100 targeted visits, and then measure the results. Even though this test will cost a little, it will help in understanding how the PPC will work in the long term.
Businesses that don’t test and optimize are doomed to fail. Something that a web developer and designer consider to be user-friendly might not actually work for the user. Through the targeted PPC campaign, businesses can find out the truth.
4. It works well with others
Regardless of what the company’s digital marketing strategy is, PPC advertising will play an important part as it works well with every other marketing channel. Here are a few examples of this:
- Dynamic search ad campaigns can be used and PPC can tell if the keywords work for the website or not.
- PPC can be used for testing how effective different keywords are. This way, the company will know what keywords they should be used for targeting the audience.
- PPC can help the companies in getting more installs for their mobile application and strengthening their mobile marketing.
- PPC can be used for enriching email marketing campaigns and getting more email signups.
- PPC works well for local SEO optimization as well. It can get customers directly to the shop.
5. It helps in executing advanced marketing techniques
Retargeting is among the most effective methods of increasing conversions. Also known as remarketing, retargeting is a technique that involves creating campaigns and targeting people who visited the website but didn’t convert. For instance, assume that the website is selling expensive products like electronics or jewelry. Customers who want to buy such products usually have a long process where they search for a product and compare the prices at different websites. They can take weeks or even months to make a decision as the products are expensive and there are a lot of available sellers. In such cases, retargeting can be used for generating great results. The company can add a piece of code provided from Google Adwords, Twitter, or Facebook that allows the networks to identify people who visited the website but didn’t make a purchase through cookies. Now, the company has the opportunity of creating campaigns that target these people. They can offer incentives for revisiting the website and completing the purchase.
PPC can be used for any type of business. It is a marketing option used for selling services products, raising brand awareness, and getting leads from social media platforms or Google. A company can take advantage of the above-mentioned benefits and expand the business online.