As the world develops, there has been a high demand for heavy copper PCB (printed circuit board) in electronic industries. In other words, this kind of technology has helped to improve complicated switches usually found in small spaces by putting together the circuitry meant for higher current levels. Below we are going to look at heavy copper PCB in detail and its benefits.
Brief Summary – Heavy Copper PCB?
Before we dive into the benefits, let’s find out what heavy copper PCB is. Heavy copper printed circuit boards are also commonly called thick copper PCB. It contains about 3 ounces of copper in its internal and outer layers of the printed circuit boards. Heavy copper PCB is a term also given to given to circuits that contain over 4 ounces of copper.
Heavy copper printed circuit board has become a reliable wiring platform. This is because the copper has a combined weight, thicker plating, and appropriate substrate in its through-hole circuit. This kind of technology is achieved through various plating plus etching techniques. Click here to find more https://www.victorypcb.com/products-category/heavy-copper-pcbs.html.
Heavy Copper PCB Advantages
Heavy copper PCB comes with numerous benefits, contributing to the high demand for this material in the electric industry. With the heavy presence of copper on a printed circuit board, the following are the benefits you will enjoy.
- Regardless of the cost of heavy copper PCB, you will get to enjoy reduced production costs compared to using copper cables once you acquire it.
- Heavy copper printed boards offer higher heat conductivity, which help to keep temperature-sensitive parts from heating up by conducting the heat away.
- The PCB structure is relatively strong, although the layer count is limited. This makes the PCB very simple and uncomplicated.
- There are no complex wire configurations.
- PCB comes with exotic materials used to enhance its mechanical features.
- Heavy copper printed boards come with improved thermal endurance and resistance.
- They carry high currents easily without any complications.
- Heavy copper PCBs are made from combining various copper weights in one PCB to make a manageable, compact size.
Applications of Heavy Copper Printed Circuit Boards
While there are numerous benefits of thick copper printed circuit boards, there are also various applications in the electrical industry. Due to the popularity of these PCBs, they have been widely used for the following applications.
- High power distribution
- Protection relays
- Automotive industries
- Power converters
- Power line monitors
- Rail traction systems
- Torque controls
- Welding equipment
- Nuclear power industries
There are many benefits and applications of heavy copper PCB, which has led to its high demand today. Due to its quality performance and excellent thermal conduction and management, they are made to meet your electrical needs in every way possible, meaning you can’t go wrong with them.
They will dissipate heat produced due to the conduction of heavy currents for optimum performance at all times. So invest in this technology for your electrical application and enjoy the benefits they come with. Remember also to approach an electrical expert to advise you better on the heavy copper PCBs.