A splashback is a great addition to any kitchen. But did you know that they can be useful in other parts of the house as well? Here are five places a splashback can be useful:
1. In the bathroom – Installing a coloured acrylic splashback in the bathroom is an excellent way to protect the walls from water damage, as well as create a stylish and modern feature. Splashbacks can be used for both functional and aesthetic purposes in the bathroom, making them incredibly versatile.
Splashbacks not only look great but also make cleaning easier, as they are non-porous and much easier to wipe down than traditional tiles that are likely to house bacteria and dirt. They don’t require grout which helps reduce maintenance costs. Many splashbacks have special protective coatings that make them resistant to mold and mildew – perfect for humid bathrooms.
The wide variety of materials available for splashbacks means you can choose one that suits your budget and design style. From stainless steel to glass or even stone, each material offers its own unique characteristics. For example, stainless steel is incredibly durable and provides an industrial chic look while glass adds a sense of luxury with its reflective surfaces; stone offers a rustic feel with natural textures and colours.
Color is also important when considering a splashback in the bathroom; it could be used to create an accent wall or create an overall feeling of space with neutral tones such as white or grey. You could even opt for patterned tiles for a more playful look or choose bolder colors to give the space a ‘wow’ factor!
Finally, Splashbacks can be used in creative ways by combining different materials together like using ceramic tile with mosaic glass pieces – this will add texture to your bathroom walls while creating an eye-catching feature at the same time.
2. In the laundry room – Splashback can be an extremely useful addition to any laundry room. Installing splashback in a laundry room helps to protect the walls from water damage, while also adding a stylish look to the decor. The splashback can be made of various materials such as tile, ceramic, glass, or stone; depending on the desired look and budget.
One benefit of installing splashback in the laundry room is its ability to prevent water from seeping into walls and damaging them over time. Water damage can be expensive and difficult to repair, so having a splashback in place will help keep the walls safe from long-term damage caused by water. Splashbacks are available with various finishes such as matte, glossy, or textured looks; allowing homeowners to customize their laundry room’s aesthetic with ease.
Furthermore, splashbacks are relatively easy for DIYers to install without professional help — saving both time and money. This makes it easier for homeowners to upgrade their laundry rooms easily and quickly at an affordable price point. Other features of splashbacks include being waterproof and fire-resistant — making them a great asset for any home.
Not only do they offer practical benefits like protection against water damage, but they also bring a contemporary look to the entire area. Splashbacks come in different colors and patterns which can be used to match a particular theme or color scheme within the laundry room.
3. In the garage – A splashback in the garage can protect against oil and grease stains, and it can also help to keep the area clean.
4. Near a fireplace – A splashback near a fireplace can protect against soot and ash deposits, and it can also help to keep the area clean.
5. In any room where there is a lot of moisture – A splashback in any room where there is a lot of moisture can protect against water damage, and it can also help to keep the area clean.
Splashbacks can add style and sophistication to any room, but they are also incredibly practical and useful. With a splashback in place, you can protect against water damage and keep your home looking clean and tidy. So next time you’re looking for ways to spruce up your home or make it more functional, consider adding a splashback!
Leave a Reply