Due to the pandemic, people around the world have searched for alternatives to keep in touch with their families and friends. There are currently many platforms with diverse features that help netizens to communicate virtually. One platform that has gained more popularity in recent years is Discord, nowadays with about 250 million users.
What is Discord?
Discord is a group-chatting platform that was born in 2015 in the USA as a way for gamers to communicate and build communities. But now, the platform has grown so much that it is popular and used by all sorts of communities that take advantage of all the features the software offers. Currently, users are able to join communities interested in art, music, sports, cooking, education and more. The benefitsof Discord are so wide that it is possible to enjoy dance classes, be part of book or fan-clubs, study in groups or watch Netflix with other members simultaneously. Some people have considered Discord to be as a social-media platform.
How to use Discord
Discord is a very complete platform due to its different features. Users of this service can enjoy various forms of communication: directly via voice calls, text messaging and video calls. Members interact with each other through servers, which make up private or public communities. Servers are essentially chat-rooms that contain topic-based texts, voice and streaming channels. Thus,users have an organized form to talk about all the things that they like, and also have fun with their friends and communities. Each server could has several channels.
Members can create their own servers and channels for free, as well as manage their public visibility and even customize the access for certain users. Members can send other users direct messages allowing them to communicate in different forms. In Discord, servers could be verified and work the same way as verified accounts do on other social mediaplatforms. Normally, verified servers are from game developers and publishers.
Benefits of using Discord
Depending on the user’s interest, Discord could be the main attraction or work as a complementary way. Basically, it is an all-in-one online communication platform. Discord isdefinitely worth using for everyone. Hence, let’s see some of the benefits of using this software.
- USER-FRIENDLY – one of the most important advantages of Discord is its user-friendliness. The platform has a very easy-to-use interface, allowing users to choose between 29 languages. Also, it gives new users a tutorial on how to use the platform.
- IT IS FREE – Discord is an accessible platform to everyone, it is not necessary to make any payment to use almost all features. Members can pay to obtain some extra functions that only Discord Nitro users can enjoy. However, they are not essential features of the platform.
- PRIVACY AND SECURITY SETTINGS – for most users, having online privacy and security is not negotiable. Members can restrict who sends them messages, block other users, decide who they want to be friends with and delete inappropriate messages. It is even possible to decide if it will be allowed data collection.
- CONTROL – Discord gives its members a lot of control. Users can control their accounts and the way they interact with servers and other users. On the other hand, servers can be controlled by their owners so they can choose between basic customization options and advanced features.
- VARIETY OF FEATURES – this platform offers its users a wide range of forms to communicate but also they enjoy the possibility of sharing multimedia content such as images, videos and GIFs. Even users can use emojis in their text messages, making the communication process more dynamic and fun.
- CUSTOMIZABLE EXPERIENCE – users can personalize the features and the aesthetic of the platform. For example, they can choose between the light and dark mode or add some bots to improve their experience on the platform. For these reasons, Discord is worth trying for netizens that enjoy customizing their experiences.
How to join Discord
This platform is available for Windows, iOS, Linux, Android, macOS and even desktop browsers onits official website discord.com. Basically, it is available for any PC, Mac or cellphone, but the app gives users more customization options than the web browser does. The first thing to do for using Discord is to create an account: it is just as easy as entering ausername, an email and a password.
Once registered, users can start enjoying the experience that Discord offers them: join servers or create them, talk in channels, add bots, enjoy live streamings and much more. It is the perfect solution for anyone looking for a place to talk, share and have fun with friends and communities. Users can easily validate their Discord accounts with a Non-VoIP and a phone number verification service.
It is not just for gamers!
Discord also leans on its non-gaming uses, since it advertises all kinds of communities, such as book clubs, dance classes, digital conventions and more. According to some polls, most teens use Discord to study,to connect Spotify music streaming to their accounts and even to watch Netflix – it is definitely unlike any other platform!
With more than 14 million users logging on every day, Discord is an excellent option to keep in touch with family, friends and other netizens while consuming video content and having fun. Sign up now and be a part of any kind of community on Discord!
Leave a Reply