Istanbul is one of the largest cities in the world with a population of more than 15 million people. Masses of tourists flock to the city every year – attendance has almost tripled in the 21st century. Thanks to the unique Turkish traditions and colorful urban atmosphere, Istanbul is associated with India in the minds of many people. The city is located at the junction of two cultures, known for its bazaar and architecture, unique even for the East, in which the centuries-old standards and traditions of the architecture of the great architects of modern times and past centuries can be discerned. Apartments for sale, Turkey – more follow in the article.
The best ares to buy property in Istanbul
Residential areas of Istanbul differ in many ways – some delight the eye with their natural beauty, others follow the busy pace of life in the business districts of the metropolis. Statistics show that recently the real estate market of the capital of Turkey has turned out to be one of the most dynamically developing within Europe and the Orient.
Top real estate agencies within the city have published information according to which real estate sales increased by 78% in 2022, and in 2023 show even more dynamic growth rates. 39,663 apartments were sold to foreigners, which is almost twice as high as in previous years. The active development of the real estate market and the influx of foreign capital provides the city with an excellent banking reputation, and the tax environment remains extremely favorable for Turkish investment. The constant dance of foreign and state capital guarantees the city a reputation as one of the most visited cities in the world, constantly finding something to surprise tourists and residents of the country.
Where are the best areas to buy a house in Istanbul
The city is divided into two parts – European and Asian. Top neighborhoods to buy a property in Istanbul are:
- Bakirkoy is a business district located on the coast of the Sea of Marmara. Mostly middle class people live here. There are many shopping centers, fitness clubs, cafes, and restaurants with sea views in the area. Bakirkoy has well-developed transport links – getting to the center, airport and other parts of the city is not difficult;
- Besiktas is a luxurious green area on the banks of the Bosphorus. Here are famous palaces, luxury hotels, prestigious neighborhoods favored by celebrities. Real estate in Besiktas costs a lot, but the investment fully pays for itself. This is one of the most modern and safest locations in the city – best of Istanbul real estate investment areas;
- Beyoglu is an elite area of New Istanbul, built according to European standards. It is full of restaurants, brand boutiques, galleries, theaters. The area is famous for its sights and high level of service. Beyoğlu is an area for people who like a vibrant life around them;
- Sariyer is a busy part of the city on the banks of the Bosphorus. This is one of the greenest parts of Istanbul – a significant part of Sariyer is occupied by forests and groves. Cultural and social life is developed here; establishments serving local and world cuisine are lined along the shore. The area is considered prestigious – there are luxury villas overlooking the strait;
- Esenyurt is a lively area in the European part of the city. There are thermal springs, parks, and picnic areas. Esenyurt has inexpensive housing; in recent years, the area has been actively built up with modern residential complexes;
- Kartal is another location with budget housing, which is located in the Asian part of the city. This is a densely populated residential area with a developed transport system, many restaurants, parks, sports centers and playgrounds. Kartal continues to develop and in the future can become a major cultural and industrial center. One of the best areas to buy a property in Istanbul, actually;
- Uskudar is a region imbued with oriental culture. Thanks to the large number of mosques, the authentic atmosphere is maintained here. Üsküdar is perfect for a quiet family life. There are few tourists here and no vibrant nightlife. If you want to have fun, you can always go to a noisier area – Usküdar has a well-developed transport infrastructure. There is a metro here, a port and a train station.