A beautiful smile is something that many of us dream of. However, it is easier to achieve for some people, whereas, others need to get a full mouth rehabilitation to ensure that they have a perfect set of teeth. The treatment is best suited for individuals that have multiple oral health issues. It involves multiple procedures at once. The treatment is also commonly known as full mouth restoration and full mouth reconstruction.
So, What Is A Full Mouth Reconstruction?
For a full mouth reconstruction to be done, you need to consult with a general or cosmetic dentist. The dentist will determine which procedures are required to help achieve the desired results. Whether you want your teeth to function normally or want them to look amazing, the treatment is just what you need.
The main reason behind its name is that it includes various dental procedures. The procedures typically involve veneers, tooth extractions, dental implants, fillings, dental crowns, dental bridges, and so on. In addition to restoring the proper functioning of the teeth, the treatment also helps repair and maintain your gums for ensuring maximum oral protection.
Who Needs a Full Mouth Reconstruction
According to My Dentist San Francisco, you may be a candidate for full mouth reconstruction if your teeth have been lost, injured, fractured, or have become severely worn, or you have ongoing jaw, muscle, or headache pain related to your bite.
Which Type of Procedures Can You Expect In A Full Mouth Reconstruction?
If you are considering getting a full mouth reconstruction, you might need to undergo the following procedures.
- Bone grafting might be required for enhancing the strength of the jawbone to place the dental implant.
- There might be a need to opt for orthodontics to help with the shifting of the teeth and moving them in the desired position to achieve the best look. Invisalign and braces are extremely popular options.
- Veneers would be placed to provide your teeth with an appealing look. Some of the reasons why you should get veneers include closing of gaps, resizing and reshaping of teeth, whitening, and more.
- Dental implants would be placed to replace missing teeth or in place of extracted teeth. Missing teeth should be immediately replaced to avoid jaw bone issues popping up in the future.
- Crowns would be placed to strengthen the teeth that have undergone root canal. They also help cover natural teeth that have badly yellowed or require reshaping due to chipping or cracks.
- Gums contouring to help improve the overall appearance of your smile.
- An orthographic surgery might be required in extreme cases for the repositioning of the jaw to improve the functioning of your smile.
- Deep cleanings are extremely common as they ensure proper care of your teeth and gums. Besides, deep cleanings are necessary every 6 months to maintain proper oral health. Otherwise, tartar and plaque would form.
Benefits of a Full Mouth Rehabilitation
There are various benefits of full mouth rehabilitation. If you are still contemplating whether you should visit a dentist for the treatment, the following advantages of full mouth rehabilitation will open up your mind.
Improved Oral Health
One of the main benefits of undergoing full mouth rehabilitation is improved oral health. As the dentist will closely look at your teeth and gums, you can rest assured that they will get to the bottom of any underlying issues that require urgent attention. Besides, the primary goal of the treatment is to restore your oral health. Through improvement in oral health, you will achieve a beautiful smile. Some of the dental damages that will be addressed through the treatment include gum disease and decay. If you’d like a recommendation, you can check out this reputable Dentist in murray hill to get started.
Another benefit of full mouth reconstruction is enhanced functioning. Whether you have damaged or missing teeth, you can trust the dentist to help restore the proper functioning of your teeth. Thus, you would no longer struggle with speaking or eating. The dentist will replace or restore your teeth to help provide you with a healthy bite.
Let’s face it. Not having a beautiful smile can take a toll on your self-esteem. If you are embarrassed about your smile, you need to undergo full mouth rehabilitation. It will help address all your concerns and ensure that you feel your most confident self.
Achieve a Gorgeous Smile
With full mouth rehabilitation, you get to achieve a gorgeous smile. Although health and functioning are the most important objectives behind the treatment, you also get to enhance your smile as a result of it.
The importance of undergoing full mouth rehabilitation cannot be stressed enough. If you experience various dental issues, it might be just what you need. Schedule an appointment with your dentist to discuss the procedures you need.
Leave a Reply