Amla fruit is a superfood and a powerhouse of essential nutrients. It is home to vital vitamins such as Vitamin A, E, and most importantly Vitamin C.
Vitamin C is one of the most powerful antioxidants known for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It also gives amla their sour taste and nourishing features.
Despite granting a feeling of boost in your whole body, amla powder for hair works like a charm.
Amla powder for hair – benefits, and uses:
Amla fruit has been considered an elixir for hair since ancient times. Today, the reason is visible to everyone: its richness in essential nutrients and antioxidants like Vitamin C, folate, Vitamin E, and tannins.
This multivitamin property not only makes amla an excellent hair-strengthening agent but also blesses nourishment to hair roots. This way it stimulates hair growth, prevents hair loss, reduces dandruff, and hinders premature greying to promote healthier, thicker, and shinier hair.
How to make amla powder at home:
Although amla yields benefits in every form, its powdered form takes the lead as it is organic, easy to use, and has a long shelf-life.
To make homemade natural amla powder, take a few fresh amlas and cut them into small pieces. Sun-dry these pieces, grind them to make a fine powder, and store in an air-tight jar.
You may mix this amla powder with diverse natural ingredients to make an amla powder hair mask with countless hair benefits.
Amla powder hair masks:
As a scalp nourishing agent
Thanks to the immense amount of Vitamin C present in it, amla powder is a powerful scalp nourishing agent. A well-nourished scalp stimulates better growth of hair.
To make a nourishing paste for hair growth, you may use any one of our following shortlisted methods:
- Amla powder with egg
Amla powder can provide the benefits of a homemade protein treatment, even better than many spas. All you have to do is:
- Take an egg in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add 4 tablespoons of amla powder to the blended egg and mix well to make a thick paste.
- Massage this paste on your scalp and leave for an hour before rinsing off with water and any herbal shampoo.
Amla powder with any natural oil
Get ready to welcome shinier, healthier hair. Amla powder has antioxidant properties. When mixed with essential oil, primarily coconut or olive oil, moisturizes your scalp and reduces stress on the hair.
To make amla powder and coconut oil, and olive oil paste:
- Take 1 tablespoon amla powder
- Take 2 tablespoons of both coconut and olive oil
- Mix well to make a thick paste
- Leave for about an hour before rinsing.
You can use this powerful hair tonic almost every other day. Within a few days, you will see the results yourself.
Amla powder for dandruff:
Prepare yourself to say goodbye to irritating dandruff forever!
Using Shikakai powder
If you’re tired of your thin and weak hair, this hair mask is for you. Both Amla and Shikakai powder are known to increase hair thickness naturally.
- Add 2 tablespoons of both Shikakai powder and amla powder in a bowl
- Add a small amount of water to make a thick paste.
- Apply this mixture evenly on your whole scalp
- Let it sit for 40 minutes and rinse it off with shampoo
Amla and lemon to fight off dandruff
Lemon, being a powerhouse of Vitamin C, is one of the most active antioxidants having antibiotic, anti-inflammatory properties. It can help get rid of dandruff-causing agents.
- Mix one tablespoon of amla powder with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Massage the paste on the scalp for about 5 minutes
- Let it stay for 10 minutes and rinse off with Luke warm water
Amla powder for hair fall:
What more? Amla powder can also reduce excessive hair fall. Read along to know.
Amla powder and fenugreek seeds work together to strengthen your hair follicles. They reduce hair damage induced by wear and tear.
- Take one tbsp of fenugreek seeds and soak them overnight
- Blend these seeds with amla powder and water to make a thick paste
- Apply this mask for 30 minutes and wash it off with water
Amla powder for premature greying of hair
Hold on, there is one more amazing benefit of amla powder for hair. It can help get rid of premature greying and bring back your youthful, playful look.
Amla powder and almond oil hair mask:
Both amla and almond oil are excellent nourishing agents. When mixed, they can increase the supplication of nutrients to your hair roots, eventually reducing the stress that may be the reason for premature greying.
- Mix equal amounts of amla powder and almond oil in a bowl
- Apply this thick paste to the hair roots
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo after leaving it for a couple of hours
You can use this hair mask a couple of times per week. For long-term results, apply this paste for a few weeks without missing.
Use with organic henna powder
Many people use natural henna powder to dye their grey hair. When mixed with amla powder, the henna powder gives a much stronger dye to hair.
- Add 2 tbsp of amla powder in organic henna powder
- Now add any liquid or oil of your choice and mix well
- Let the hair mask sit for a few hours
- Rinse it off with any shampoo (sulfate-free preferred
Remember to use natural brown henna powder. Black henna is not made with natural ingredients most of the time and may hinder your haircare routine
No matter what hair problem you are struggling with, nature has always something to help you out. All it takes is to explore, try, and obviously, have faith.