Arabica is a coffee species whose beans are crushed to make the Arabica Coffee. It’s one of the most popular drinks around the world, coming second after water. It makes up 60% of all the coffee consumed around the globe and comes from the coffee arabica plant.
It originated from Ethiopia, where the Oromo tribe would mix it with fat after crushing and consuming it for stimulation. However, the Arabs took the product to Arab in the 17th century and brewed it as a beverage hence the name Arabica Coffee.
Arabica Coffee Taste
Compared to other species of coffee like the robusta, Arabica coffee beans have around 60% more lipids and double the amount of sugar. This makes a big impact on the body, flavor, and aroma of Arabica Coffee. The sugar in the Arabica Beans makes it sweeter and leaves a good feeling in the mouth.
When you opt to cold brew your coffee, the sweet arabica coffee flavors like caramel, nuts, and chocolate come out so well. It’s, however, not just a beverage. Arabica Coffee has some health benefits to your body, as we explore them below.
1. Has Antioxidants that protect the body
According to research, arabica coffee has antioxidant properties like phenolic acids that play a huge role in getting rid of the free radicals in the body. Research further says that this kind of coffee lowers the chances of acquiring liver and endometrial cancer and other cancer-related diseases pertaining to the skin, mouth, and pharynx.
2. Lowers the glucose
When used during research on diabetic rats, it helped lessen the glucose levels, which lines it up as a potential treatment for diabetes.
3. Lowers chances of having tooth cavities
Arabica does this by going to war with the bacteria that bring about tooth cavities called lactobacillus acidophilus. The chlorogenic acid, together with the caffeine, is behind this, as per research.
4. It helps to hasten the rate of metabolism in the human body.
5. It helps you stay focused and alert because of the caffeine. Most students use this to keep them awake as they study for exams.
6. It has vitamins and minerals in small amounts. They include magnesium, niacin, manganese, riboflavin, and potassium.
7. Because of the 95% of the water it contains, it ensures you are hydrated. It also has lower amounts of sodium and high levels of potassium which control the hydration in the human body as well as balancing fluids. This also helps regulate blood pressure.
8. It is known to be good for the skin and hair when added to beauty products such as moisturizers and toners.
9. It has low calories in its natural state. It can therefore help you shed off some weight if you are mindful of the sugars and milk added to it.
Arabica coffee is not just your favorite beverage that you take when feeling cold or when out on a date; it has amazing health benefits that may keep your body disease free as discussed above.