When choosing wallpaper for a teenager, you must first pay attention to paper quality. Wallpaper has one particular advantage – they are easy to paste than panting a wall. They are quite difficult to glue, especially if they are made of thick paper. The disadvantage of wallpaper is that it is not resistant to moisture and does not last long. The assortment of these wallpapers is so broad these days. In principle, they match not only to classical old interiors but also to modern ones. The peculiarities of production make it possible to create a surface not only with the effect of paper, but also one that will be too glossy and resemble a thin stretched film. In a room for teenagers, they can use wallpaper with a wide variety of images. It may be like the well-known types of nature or cities, but they are still not so popular among the younger generation.
Some photos are more suitable for the teenagers – images of athletes, graffiti drawings, and space, pictures of your favourite movie characters, as well as various animals or flowers in a room for young girls. Wall murals make it easy to create the background of a room and get a spectacular interior.
Choosing Wallpaper for a Teenager’s room
You must remember that in order to create a stylish and harmonious effect, photomurals for a teenager’s room should be glued against a general neutral background. It does not matter whether it is light or dark – it all depends on the style and the background of the wallpaper. The main thing is that the wallpaper image smoothly merges into a single-color wall on both sides.
Some wallpapers made of synthetic materials look very original. It can be acrylic or polyvinyl chloride. Each of them has its own advantages, but if it is often necessary to wipe the walls in a room, then it is better to use acrylic materials for this. When choosing teenagers wallpapers for the room, it is worthwhile to devote more time to selectcolors and pattern designs. Therefore, they look quite comfortable at any experiments in their room. Parents should take into consideration thatan inappropriate colour can intensely depress the psychological state of a teenager. And, an incorrectly proportioned drawing can negatively affect the perception of space.
Types of wallpaper in the teenager’s room
Today, the range of wallpapers is wide enough. You can buy a variety of types. Moreover, it is necessary to understand that depending on the material, you will see the effects forming within the space. It would help if you use it correctly by placing accents and emphasizing the stylistics’s direction for a better look. After all, wallpapers made of paper are more suitable for sustainable styles or themes with a regional or ethnic character, such as a Swiss chalet or Provence.
Here are the following wallpaper designs for teenagers.
1. Stripped Wallpapers
- Striped wallpaper allows you to change the geometry of the room.
- Wallpaper can participate in dividing a room into functional zones.
2. Brick Wallpapers
- For interior decoration in the loft-style, the brick-like wallpaper is ideal.
For ethnic or Asian styles, choose a matting or bamboo imitation wallpaper.
3. Bamboo wallpaper
- Bamboo wallpapers are environmentally friendly and absolutely natural material options for choosing teenager’s wallpaper.
For a teenager room, two types of wallpaper are most often taken.
4. Plain and contrasting Wallpaper
- The pattern on the wallpaper is chosen based on the interests of the teenager.
- Choose a base tone for a neutral colour.
5. Dark or too bright Wallpaper
- On the verge of ultra, shades can lead to depression.
- Understand the inner world of the teenager,so you can choose a suitable wallpaper design that will overlap with the psychological and individual state.
- Always go to buy wallpaper together with brother or sister sharing your room. In the sharing room of a boy and a girl, you should consider the interests of both. Wallpaper for girls rooms is perhaps more difficult to choose than for boys. This is due to the greater selectivity and capriciousness. Therefore, it is important to make it look good by creating a harmonious interior. Here’s what to look out for: For rooms in the style of shabby chic or Provence, products with a neutral delicate background in a small floral pattern in pastel colours are suitable.
- Light romantic wallpapers are perfect for a young sensual person
For more exciting look, you can choose a photo wallpaper.
6. Photo Wallpaper
- Photo wallpaper is a collage of a variety of photos, for example, with people from all over the world or animals from different countries.
- For gentle and romantic natures, images of unicorns, angels, fairies and elves are suitable. Chic wallpaper with realistic photo printing Wallpaper is good for boys in the room.
7. Graffiti Wallpaper
On the wall of the room of a teenager,graffiti wallpaper art would be appropriate for the bedroom.
The photo shows an example of the design of a boy’s room in an automotive theme. A marine theme is used to create a design for a children’s room. Any wallpaper material is suitable, but you must choose the drawing softly. They can present vertical stripes, monograms and various patterns. The harmonious combination of textiles with wallpaper on an accent wall in a classic style bedroom, the predominant colour range is milky white, chocolate and brown, and muted shades of red, blue or green are also suitable. However, the bright colours are not used in the majority cases as a background, but only as complementary.
You can choose the following main categories and style directions for teenage boys:
- A large geometric pattern – an ideal solution for a high-tech bedroom.
- Bright interior of a teenage room in high-tech style with 3D wallpaper, computer games, space or sports themes.
You can always find a suitable drawing because a teenager has a lot of hobbies at this age. 3D wallpaper with vivid, realistic image is a great solution for an active teenage boy.
When you select the wallpaper, you should not forget about the general style of the room. They should be competently intertwined with the shape of the furniture, the colour scheme of upholstery, and the room’s textile decoration. Even additional decorative elements can match with the wallpaper. Otherwise, the result of the interior can be disharmonious, cause fatigue or irritation.