WordPress is a popular platform for creating dynamic blogs ideal for businesses, but is it suitable for building, creating, or selling digital programs? Would you prefer WordPress over digital course platforms like Podia or Teachable? What should you expect between the two platforms, including their benefits, setbacks, and features to consider?
As a course creator, you need to be aware of the multiple selections in creating and selling your digital courses to ensure guaranteed revenue. Not all digital systems reach stardom, but with the right marketing strategy and a user-friendly platform, you can quickly gain students’ trust and improve credibility over time.
Deciding whether to use a digital course platform or WordPress can be tricky, so what factors should you consider?
Which Platform Is Ideal For Digital Courses
Choosing a digital course solution for your programs can be tricky back then; the choices are limited, and the resources are not polished. Nowadays, you have plenty of options, whether you go for self-hosted platforms like WordPress or hosted course channels like Podia, Teachable, and the likes.
The truth is, there are no right or wrong choices but a matter of individual preferences for ease of use that simplifies the tasks. That way, you can focus on leveraging your business and not dealing with technical issues, which hinders success.
Hosted course channels gain popularity for most digital course creators due to their simplified features with dynamic content creation, allowing you to custom-fit a platform to match your needs. This Teachable vs Podia side-by-side comparison enables you to choose between two widely-used platforms ideal for course creations online. There are quite a few reasons why these platforms are must-try compared to WordPress.
But the question is, which one is better; the popular WordPress or the strategically designed hosting course platform?
- WordPress’s primary difference between hosted course channels like Podia is that the latter is specially designed to build your course and sell it online from scratch.
- WordPress, being a self-hosting platform, allows you to create multiple website types, including a course website.
While both platforms offer various features, it’s about course creators’ personal preference, customization, and knowledge level that helps you decide which among the two would you choose.
Online Course Platform or WordPress, Which One Is Better?
There are two primary questions that you need to reconsider before signing up to either platform:
- Does WordPress allow you to sell your digital courses?
- Should you sell your online courses on WordPress, or is it better with a hosted course platform?
WordPress enables you to offer your digital courses on the platform using its free plugin, WooCommerce. The majority of e-Commerce websites run on WordPress. You can sell online programs, memberships, and digital downloads.
While the plugin is free, additional LMS (learning management system) and membership tools can be expensive. Your choices vary on your current budget, target goals, and software needed to set up your digital course to sell.
Benefits of using WordPress In Selling Courses
- WordPress offers infinite customization of plugins used.
- It allows for full scalability without the need to hire web developers.
- It provides tons of sharing buttons and enables you to optimize your content through various SEO tools.
- WordPress offers zero maintenance costs every month.
Setbacks Associated when using WordPress
- WordPress offers limited technical support on every plugin that you use for course creation.
- Security vulnerabilities because of open-source features.
- WordPress can provide a user-friendly interface but can be a highly technical burden, especially when dealing with shortcodes.
Hosted Solution Benefits When Selling Digital Courses
- Hosted program platforms are easy to set up and use without the need for special coding skills.
- They offer a user-friendly and better customer experience
- There are no maintenance and updates
- They offer pricing plan flexibility to meet your budget and preference
- Highly scalability and 24/7 technical support to assist you
Setbacks With Hosted Solutions
- Hosted course solutions have limited options for robust blogging capability.
- It can restrict customization, unlike WordPress
- There are technical assistance for any LMS features
Whether you choose WordPress or other hosted course solutions, you need to reconsider the options of creating and selling digital programs conveniently. While WordPress is a popular platform for building dynamic websites, most hosted solutions are strategically designed to help you develop and sell your courses efficiently under one roof.
That way, you can create engaging digital courses with a totally professional appearance to help gain trust and increase your credibility. Since you offer courses online on your ‘students,’ you can send certificates or provide multiple payment options for every program after every stage or course completion.
Leave a Reply