These past two decades, when terrorism and hate crimes saw their peak, have instilled fear in our minds because there is a constant threat of damage to infrastructure and human life.
Traditionally, police checks were done through police agencies or individuals who could physically tend to such matters. Employees were also usually asked to obtain updated Australian police check certificates obtained while applying for the job.
But times have changed now. Just like technology has revolutionized every aspect of our lives, police checks have also become one of the countless services that are now offered online. Almost all Australian Human Resource Departments are turning to online police checks, and it’s not very hard to see why.
- All online police check platforms are interlinked with the same Federal Government database and so the information obtained on the individual is authentic and verified and can be cross-checked.
- The system is fast and efficient, one can get his/her police clearance certificate within days of application.
- No physical presence required, just upload the required documents onto the website/ app.
- No paper forms or the hassle of filling them out, turning them in etc.
- Police Checks can be done for every state and territory of Australia.
- Online identification verification systems verify the identification documents of the person submitting the application, thus preventing identity crime.
- The platforms are secure and end-to-end encrypted, and so, one does not have to worry about sensitive information ending up in the wrong hands.
Because of all the reasons stated above and more, Australian Human Resource Departments can now not only check their new employee’s criminal history, but also, obtain up-to-date information on their current employees. This is particularly useful for organizations that deal with sensitive information and/or communities through medical or banking services.
Where to find such online police check platforms you ask? We found a provider that goes by the abbreviation of ANCC and their website address is
https://www.australiannationalcharactercheck.com.au/about_us.html. On their website they explain that they are working day and night to ensure the reliability, efficiency and effectiveness of the system. There are a number of online providers on the market that people can choose from.
The website allows people to obtain police clearance certificates within 1 to 3 business days of application submission at affordable prices.
Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check or more commonly called as police check are done through a few simple steps on the website and are integrated with technology to detect identity frauds and secure our client’s information.
It can be concluded that Australian human resource departments are increasingly turning to national police checks as a way of screening new and existing job applicants. The checks act as a layer of assurance when hiring new staff or promoting existing staff to positions that curtail a certain level of trust.
Leave a Reply